Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Case Scenarios  (Read 10723 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2004, 01:25:12 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 01:23 AM\']We've practically begged for quite some time for a killfile. Now that it's here, it's not very fair to say that it's not good enough. [/quote]
If I was paying for a service, and I was not satisfied with the end product; I would be complaining.  The "Ignore User" feature is a failure.

Worst case scenario?  A contestant loses her top on national TV, and exposes her clevage to all. Oh wait.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 01:37:39 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 02:16:43 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 10:37 PM\']Pyramid: None right at the Winner's Circle
[snapback]69277[/snapback]
[/quote]

Two last season. One came when the contestant elected to give. The other was with Flex, from "One on One."
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2004, 02:57:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 01:25 AM\']If I was paying for a service, and I was not satisfied with the end product; I would be complaining.  The "Ignore User" feature is a failure.
[snapback]69301[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, absolutely.  That said, we're not paying for the service.  Certain of the mods are.  If you want to... "suggest" ideas to Invision, I doubt anyone here's going to object, assuming it's done constructively (repeat to the more caustic members of the board: constructively).  But we're not the ones ponying up for this particular service.

Were I a mod, my response to a continued complaint about this would degenerate into commentary of the "start your own board" variety.

Cripes, that means Zinkin is more tolerant than me.  How times have changed.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004, 03:46:38 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 12:57 AM\'] If you want to... "suggest" ideas to Invision, I doubt anyone here's going to object, assuming it's done constructively (repeat to the more caustic members of the board: constructively).  But we're not the ones ponying up for this particular service.
[/quote]
Tried that. Turns out, as a non-paying customer, I don't have access to the appropriate forums to make said requests. My requests to our moderators to pass along my suggestions to those in a position to respond to them were ignored. I doubt this was malicious, something else prolly was on their minds at the time, but, nonetheless, I needed their help (and this was BZ, or Before Zinkin, mind you), and got stonewalled.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bandit_bobby

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004, 07:48:47 AM »
When no one wins the $50,000 on Fear Factor. This happened for the first time EVER earlier this season with the "Best Friends" show.

When a DOUBLE ZERO tie occurs on Street Smarts. This does happen from time to time.

Steve Gavazzi

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2004, 10:52:42 AM »
I know this never happened, and I know they'd never have let this happen...but it would have been interesting to see two contestants stuck at 0-0 for a whole week of syndie Match Game.

TV Favorites

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2004, 11:01:26 AM »
I have a clip from Osmond's Pyramid with one of the winless winner circle rounds.  Please pardon its quality.

http://www.gameshowfavorites.com/videovault/

starcade

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »
Obviously, to add to this list would be:

No positive scores at the end of Double Jeopardy (don't think that has happened, a couple of solo runs "against the house" have, though)...

Have to wonder, for our Mexican friends:

Since "Rapido Dinero" appears to be much more difficult than the American counterpart, any total zeroes on the bonus game in Cien Mexicanos Dijeron?

BrandonFG

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2004, 01:23:09 PM »
All zeroes in Fast Money, from BOTH team members.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

CJBojangles

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2004, 05:46:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 10:37 PM\']Pyramid: None right at the Winner's Circle
[snapback]69277[/snapback]
[/quote]

This also happened once on the Osmond version, as I saw it recently shown on PAX. I can't remember whether it was Season 1 or 2.

zachhoran

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2004, 07:14:36 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 05:46 PM\']
This also happened once on the Osmond version, as I saw it recently shown on PAX. I can't remember whether it was Season 1 or 2.
[snapback]69370[/snapback]
[/quote]

PAX is currently rerunning season one, pre-scoreboards on podiums

pyl85

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2004, 08:17:21 PM »
How about taking all 60 seconds of the Double Dare obstacle course to find the first flag (pilot not included). I think I remember an episode where it took an obscene amount of time to get the flag from that hourglass thing with the orange balls.

-Greg

Robert Hutchinson

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2004, 09:09:19 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 07:14 PM\']PAX is currently rerunning season one, pre-scoreboards on podiums[/quote]
PAX (or at least my local affiliate) is also currently rerunning season two in a different time slot, Zach.

And I could swear someone already said that it happened on Osmond Pyramid. =P

(Seriously, that makes at least twice on Jump Cut Theatre.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Robert Hutchinson

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2004, 09:10:59 PM »
[quote name=\'pyl85\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 08:17 PM\']How about taking all 60 seconds of the Double Dare obstacle course to find the first flag (pilot not included). I think I remember an episode where it took an obscene amount of time to get the flag from that hourglass thing with the orange balls.[/quote]

Just to prove that I watched Double Dare for its intellectual benefits, did a team ever get shut out in the main game on any version?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

TheInquisitiveOne

Worst Case Scenarios
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2004, 09:47:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 09:10 PM\'][quote name=\'pyl85\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 08:17 PM\']How about taking all 60 seconds of the Double Dare obstacle course to find the first flag (pilot not included). I think I remember an episode where it took an obscene amount of time to get the flag from that hourglass thing with the orange balls.[/quote]

Just to prove that I watched Double Dare for its intellectual benefits, did a team ever get shut out in the main game on any version?
[snapback]69395[/snapback]
[/quote]

If I am not mistaken, I have heard that a family was shut out in a 1991 episode of Family Double Dare $925-$0.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.