Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR goofs resulting in wins  (Read 5962 times)

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR goofs resulting in wins
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 03:52:22 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 02:49 PM\']Hmm, nobody seems to have mentioned any of the Penny Ante malfunctions, one of which I have a video of.  I've temporarily uploaded it here.
[snapback]69470[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm gonna go Zach for a minute here, just 'cause I'm a jerk about date accuracy...the date given in that clip is of a rerun.  That's actually the 11th episode of Season 30.  It should have aired on October 1 (three days before the debut of Pass the Buck), but it ended up getting pushed back to January 14.

JayC

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 05:51:47 PM »
-On Line em Up's first playing of season 32, a contestant won the car and 3 prizes because the price of the 2 digit prize was shown as $38 instead of $37 (The 3 was the right digit, go figure).

-There was a playing of Punch-a-Bunch last season in December where Bob accidently said the contestant punched out a $10,000 slip when it was really $1,000, so they gave her the $10,000.

- Also, there was a playing of Cliff Hangers in season 31 where they had the price of a Spiderman DVD as $40, but it was really $30, so they ended up rewarding the prize and small prizes to the contestant.

AZAndrewG

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 06:01:34 PM »
Here's a question for the TPiR insiders/staffers:

When one of the aforementioned errors/malfunctions takes place that causes Bob to give away the prizes, does Bob ever go Bobby Knight on the staffers at the end of the show after the audience leaves the studio?
For fast, affordable web design, log on to

AMG Web Design

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 06:07:38 PM »
[quote name=\'AZAndrewG\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 04:01 PM\']Here's a question for the TPiR insiders/staffers:

When one of the aforementioned errors/malfunctions takes place that causes Bob to give away the prizes, does Bob ever go Bobby Knight on the staffers at the end of the show after the audience leaves the studio?
[snapback]69502[/snapback]
[/quote]
Do you really think they're gonna tell you if he does? That's how you REMAIN an insider...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2005, 06:24:09 PM »
[quote name=\'AZAndrewG\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 06:01 PM\']When one of the aforementioned errors/malfunctions takes place that causes Bob to give away the prizes[/quote]
A block of plastic doesn't have ears.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2005, 08:47:19 PM »
Let me add to this and see if anyone remembers:

The game was "Ten Chances," played during an episode early in the 29th season.* When Bob was revealing (or so he thought) the scrambled numbers in the first prize, the actual price was given instead. For the second prize, the same thing occurred. Finally, for the car...the same thing happened again.

So, the contestant was awarded all three prizes, all without having to write a single digit. Bob explained it after the commercial break, but I since forgot what he said.

Never mind the "Time is (Ad) Money" incident when 20 seconds wasn't really 20 seconds...

The Inquisitive One

* I could have been off in terms of date or season. If so, please clarify. Thanks!
This is the Way.

zachhoran

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2005, 08:51:04 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:47 PM\']

The game was "Ten Chances," played during an episode early in the 29th season.* When Bob was revealing (or so he thought) the scrambled numbers in the first prize, the actual price was given instead. For the second prize, the same thing occurred. Finally, for the car...the same thing happened again.

* I could have been off in terms of date or season. If so, please clarify. Thanks!
[snapback]69541[/snapback]
[/quote]

11/1/2000, you're right.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 08:58:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:47 PM\']The game was "Ten Chances," played during an episode early in the 29th season.* When Bob was revealing (or so he thought) the scrambled numbers in the first prize, the actual price was given instead. For the second prize, the same thing occurred. Finally, for the car...the same thing happened again.
[/quote]
Mentioned in the 3rd post.
http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...indpost&p=69444
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 09:11:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:58 PM\'][quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:47 PM\']The game was "Ten Chances," played during an episode early in the 29th season.* When Bob was revealing (or so he thought) the scrambled numbers in the first prize, the actual price was given instead. For the second prize, the same thing occurred. Finally, for the car...the same thing happened again.
[/quote]
Mentioned in the 3rd post.
http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...indpost&p=69444
[snapback]69544[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mark, you are correct. I did miss that one. My apologies.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.