Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Great Game Show Moments  (Read 7099 times)

garfybrewer

Great Game Show Moments
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2005, 08:38:31 PM »
While I have seen a 10-for-10 accomplished once on GSN's Win Ben Stein's Money run, has it happened any other times?

Robert Hutchinson

Great Game Show Moments
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2005, 08:58:48 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 10:59 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 01:50 PM\']Let's say the puzzle is BIG-MOUTH BASS.  A and S are called before B.  Think the FCC might frown on this puzzle?[/quote]
Such a thing happened not too long ago, did it not?[/quote]

It did, and Pat was rather clever about it. It was something like

A S S _ _ _ _ _ (rest of puzzle)

A contestant finally called the letter that went in the fourth position of the word, and Pat thanked them profusely for doing so.

. . . . .

I'm faintly recalling a bonus puzzle of PIZZAZZ from some years back (it went unsolved, though).
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Kevin Prather

Great Game Show Moments
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 09:14:58 PM »
[quote name=\'garfybrewer\' date=\'Jan 8 2005, 05:38 PM\']While I have seen a 10-for-10 accomplished once on GSN's Win Ben Stein's Money run, has it happened any other times?
[snapback]70620[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've seen it happen once for Ben and twice for a contestant. I'm pretty sure it's happened more than once for Ben though.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Great Game Show Moments
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2005, 09:58:24 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 8 2005, 07:14 PM\'][quote name=\'garfybrewer\' date=\'Jan 8 2005, 05:38 PM\']While I have seen a 10-for-10 accomplished once on GSN's Win Ben Stein's Money run, has it happened any other times?
[/quote]

I've seen it happen once for Ben and twice for a contestant. I'm pretty sure it's happened more than once for Ben though.
[snapback]70625[/snapback]
[/quote]
One of my very favorite Best of 10 rounds had the champion inviting Ben to go first. He proceeded to reel off 9 right answers from what wasn't a very easy stack of questions at all. Money's safe this day, right?

Wrong. Player goes a perfect 10 for 10, and relieves Ben of a cool five large. A great moment on what was a horribly underrated game show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Great Game Show Moments
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2005, 04:21:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 8 2005, 09:58 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 8 2005, 07:14 PM\'][quote name=\'garfybrewer\' date=\'Jan 8 2005, 05:38 PM\']While I have seen a 10-for-10 accomplished once on GSN's Win Ben Stein's Money run, has it happened any other times?
[/quote]

[snapback]70625[/snapback]
[/quote]
One of my very favorite Best of 10 rounds had the champion inviting Ben to go first. He proceeded to reel off 9 right answers from what wasn't a very easy stack of questions at all. Money's safe this day, right?

Wrong. Player goes a perfect 10 for 10, and relieves Ben of a cool five large. A great moment on what was a horribly underrated game show.
[snapback]70630[/snapback]
[/quote]

Never underrated from this corner--any show that combines a genuine hard Q&A with contemporary comedy and a genuine sense of risk gets nothing but admiration and love here.  When Ben was free to reveal his neuroses about showing himself up on national TV and Kimmel was the sidekick, it was cooking on all cylinders.  Unfortunately, it will be a hard one to revive, even if Ben wants to do it again (and he might), because Kimmel's otherwise engaged--but if they can find another perfect smartass, go for it.  (I admit that I didn't get to see the last season of shows with Kimmel's nephew, so I don't know if he and Ben had the same chemistry--I do know that he and Nancy Pimental didn't.)

Of course, you also need a Ben Stein--and it seemed to me that in other countries, neither Jeremy Beadle nor two Australian DJs trading off the Ben/Kimmel roles fit the bill.  (I also heard that the game material on "Win Beadle's Money" was overwhelmingly pop culture and a lot simpler than the original.)