Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Jim Pecks?  (Read 3295 times)

Jimmy Owen

Two Jim Pecks?
« on: January 06, 2005, 05:46:46 PM »
Looking at the one entry for Jim Peck in the imdb, he seems to specialize in game shows and playing civil war era characters.  I don't think it's the same person but I haven't seen any of the credited movies, so can anyone confirm?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

Two Jim Pecks?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 07:59:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 05:46 PM\']Looking at the one entry for Jim Peck in the imdb, he seems to specialize in game shows and playing civil war era characters.  I don't think it's the same person but I haven't seen any of the credited movies, so can anyone confirm?
[snapback]70287[/snapback]
[/quote]
There is a second one just as there are two Pat Finns. When I saw that Jim Peck was going to appear in an episode of In The Heat Of The Night in the early 1990s, I tuned in expecting to see the star of The Big Showdown. Nope. Different guy.
Same story when The George Wendt Show premiered with Pat Finn listed in the cast list to play his brother. I thought that was interesting casting. Until I saw the show and the master of definitions was nowhere in sight.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:01:17 PM by Don Howard »

TimK2003

Two Jim Pecks?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 08:11:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 05:46 PM\']Looking at the one entry for Jim Peck in the imdb, he seems to specialize in game shows and playing civil war era characters.  I don't think it's the same person but I haven't seen any of the credited movies, so can anyone confirm?
[snapback]70287[/snapback]
[/quote]

The name of Jim "The Big Showdown" Peck's son is also Jim.  Like father, like son, they are both active in the television field so perhaps it is Jim Jr. getting his own column of recognition in the field.

Jamey Greek

Two Jim Pecks?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 10:20:19 PM »
Hey, I believe the Pat Finn who played on The George Wendt Show, also played on Murphy Brown.  As Phil's son. Phil Jr.

Jamey

[

BrandonFG

Two Jim Pecks?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 10:22:33 PM »
Jim Peck moonlights with the other Randy West, hence his name.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChuckNet

Two Jim Pecks?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 10:52:19 PM »
Hey, I believe the Pat Finn who played on The George Wendt Show, also played on Murphy Brown. As Phil's son. Phil Jr.

He also guested on a last-season ep of Seinfeld, as Joe Mayo.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

WhammyPower

Two Jim Pecks?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 07:53:20 PM »
Jim "Big Fall Down" Peck is still involved in television.... and I should know, since the show's taped here in Milwaukee!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 07:56:04 PM by WhammyPower »