Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Make a Deal on Univision  (Read 7959 times)

Millionaire81

Let's Make a Deal on Univision
« on: January 07, 2005, 10:38:39 PM »
Univision's newest venture into game shows begins Monday at 2pm/1pm central on Univision with "Trato Hecho" or LMAD.  The show is hosted by Guillermo Huesca.  I just saw the commerical tonight.  Sorry if it's old news.  It looks like it could be pretty good.  There's also an interview with the host on univision.com, where the host boasts of Big Deals up to $17,000.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:27:54 AM by Millionaire81 »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 07:17:45 PM »
Well, that was weird. The hour is two seperate epsidoes; one had a Big Deal of over $17,000; the other... $4000?

Fun enough, even if I didn't understand enough Spanish to know what was going on in the tarot card deal - er, trato. Everything else you can pretty much follow by context.

Cute model, too. :)
@lambertman

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 07:21:45 PM »
Spanish is my minor... and I did pick up a good amount to understand what was going on.

The set is a cross between the Billy Bush eps, and the 80's version, with a little Spanish Flair.

I enjoyed it, and will watch again!
insert signature here

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 07:43:25 PM »
I receive both the "East" and "West" feeds of Univision on my Dish Network "Top 120" system (channels 827 and 828, respectively), so the latter channel should have it on at 5 P.M. Eastern time in my area.  Should be quite entertaining for all the Spanish-speaking people we have here in Northern Kentucky.

Michael Brandenburg
(And we have a whole lot of them here -- so many that the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky has gone out and bought bilingual buses with all the inside information signs printed in English and Spanish!)

J.R.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 08:11:04 PM »
Just for clarification:

Is this a Mexican version or an American Spanish version?

Thanks!
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

joe_capitano

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 08:23:01 PM »
I believe it's American Spanish. Univision is actually soliciting for contesti on its website.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 01:50:35 AM »
Oh yeah...there wasn't as much annoying, unnatural "audience sweetening" in "Trato Hecto" then the Billy Bush's LMAD, right?

I must say on top of the Bush's racy "deals", the live-to-tape direction and the post-production editing, where director always switches back and forth between the audience and the gameplay and the product plugs quite too frequently and the unnecessary audience sweetening gave me all a headache.  hehe!

Had that show been renewed after the initial five episodes, have Mr. Bart Eskander do the direction considering his perfection in live-to-tape and can stay still on a scene when necessary.  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 01:52:13 AM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

Johnissoevil

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 07:53:13 AM »
Why are we making such a BIG DEAL over a Spanish version of a game show? :-^)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 12:18:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 12:56 AM\']Sorry I rambled,
Harry[/quote]
Harry,

You didn't ramble at all.  You described the episode in great detail for those of us who didn't take Spanish in high school.  I appreciate it as, just like Chris L!, I didn't understand the Mexican Bingo deal.

One other note which nobody's mentioned yet--Trato Hecho has male models (in red jumpsuit-type outfits?). What was the last show to use male models, $ale?

JMFabiano

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 08:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 07:53 AM\']Why are we making such a BIG DEAL over a Spanish version of a game show? :-^)
[snapback]70873[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, I got your pun...cute, because it's either this or we go back to making a BIG DEAL about who replaces Barker when he dies; what your favorite Joker's Wild category slide was; Happy Anniversary/Birthday to Obscure Game Show Reference "X"; or 30 year old microphone technology.  

I for one am glad something new has come along, because God knows, we here in America aren't working on anything new.

Harry
[snapback]70876[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry I can't resist....

1) Why Patrick Wayne of course
2) Somehow I used to love the freckled, singing girl in the "Silly Songs" slide
3) Oh didn't you know?  I hear today is the birthday of the little known hip-hop artist Sucka M.C., who did all the fresh rhymes for the Rapping Dragon.
4) Those microphones remind me of myself...coming near 30 and just as loud.

As for the last part, let me add that it's even better because between this and 100 Mexicanos Dijeron, it sounds like the people behind Spanish language program have a better grip on how to properly bring back a game show than anyone in the States in the past 10 odd years.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 01:34:42 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 10:18 AM\']What was the last show to use male models, $ale?
[snapback]70896[/snapback]
[/quote]
Din't Classic Concentration have one to work with Marjorie for a while?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 07:45:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 01:34 PM\'][quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 10:18 AM\']What was the last show to use male models, $ale?
[snapback]70896[/snapback]
[/quote]
Din't Classic Concentration have one to work with Marjorie for a while?
[snapback]70913[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't recall that. You could call Chad, Zach, or Dan Doherty of Caesar's Challenge male models. Doherty in particular showed off furniture and other prizes available during the maingame.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 08:43:30 PM by zachhoran »

Pyramid80

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 07:48:09 PM »
After tracking down a friend who actually has Univision....are there any other game shows on this channel?  What about any of the other Spanish American channels, is there anything on them?

Little Big Brother

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 08:45:27 PM »
Occassionally Sabado Gigante, the Saturday night fiesta of programming has audience participation type games, but they're mixed in with songs, sketches, beauty pageants, I dunno what all.  The last major game show on Univision was, I believe, A Millon (To a Million), which was U's response to the big money quiz show craze (and IMO, the best one) back in 2001.  Unfortunately, it didn't take off and was replaced with some soap opera about some girl who tries to talk with her mom who died and is now an angel.  Or something.

What's great about Univision is that the language barrier does not prevent one from being entertained by their programming.  I keep meaning to set my VCR to tape this show, and I'm glad that it sounds like it will be worth it when I set my VCR for tomorrow's episodes.

100 Mexicano Dijernos (Er, right?) is on Telefutura, which is a sister station of Univision.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 10:45:03 PM »
Why are we making such a BIG DEAL over a Spanish version of a game show?
Because according to the reviews posted here, it's much better executed than most American game shows and game show revivals. For example, the emcee doesn't chew the scenery to bits a la R.K. and the audience doesn't whoop like a flock of owls who've had too much tequila.

Is Monty directly involved in this version?