Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's a proscenium game show?  (Read 4738 times)

The Pyramids

What's a proscenium game show?
« on: January 15, 2005, 11:00:54 AM »
Here is what he says in a press release this week:

"Tracey has a strong background in all forms of programming and she has great creativity," said Valentine.  "As we continue to broaden our current programming base beyond the proscenium game shows, we will benefit greatly through her insights, relationships and fresh point of view."

I went to the dictionary and the word 'proscenium' refers to the part of a tsage between the orchrstra 'pit' and the curtains.

Mr. Valentine I'm sure meant 'studio based' shows. I think the word he choose was out of the defintion's context. Maybe he wanted to sound important.

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 02:01:09 PM »
He probably did, but if you look at it, most of the early network game shows were done in New York theaters that were converted to studio space (such as the Ed Sullivan Theater, Letterman's home now, which hosted TTTT in the Moore era among others). You still see the type on TPIR with the audience below stage level in Studio 33, and the action taking place in large part in front of the "curtains" (actually, the doors).
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

The Pyramids

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 03:38:23 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jan 15 2005, 02:01 PM\']He probably did, but if you look at it, most of the early network game shows were done in New York theaters that were converted to studio space (such as the Ed Sullivan Theater, Letterman's home now, which hosted TTTT in the Moore era among others). You still see the type on TPIR with the audience below stage level in Studio 33, and the action taking place in large part in front of the "curtains" (actually, the doors).
[snapback]71356[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had not thought of that.