Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Three (Maybe Four) Show Trip  (Read 3052 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Three (Maybe Four) Show Trip
« on: January 16, 2005, 11:07:47 PM »
Good evening to all!

I know threads of this type have been continuously been popping up on occasion, and I apologize in advance. However, I need to do some research, and I turned to all of you for help.

You see, I am preparing a trip with some of my friends to Los Angeles in the summer so that we can catch not only The Price is Right, but also Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and even Family Feud (if the show has been picked up for year seven). I am using expedia.com for some help, but I need all of you for time coordination and the such. Here are some questions:

(1) When is the earliest summer date to start catching all four shows at once (I especially wish to catch TPIR during the start of the 34th season, premiere day ideal)?*

(2) When is the best time to request tickets for these dates?*

(3) What is the best area of L.A. to stay where the studios are in close range?*

Thanks for all of your responses in advance!

The Inquisitive One

* Exact answers are not needed. Approximations will do fine.
This is the Way.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:57:01 AM »
Not sure on #3 but I'll give the first 2 a shot:

1.  CBS hasn't put up a taping date for Season 34 yet but chances are it'll be somewhere in mid or late June.  WOF & J! usually start taping new batches of shows around the first or second week in August.  Not sure on FF.  So. I'd say you might wanna try the first or second week of August because most of those shows will be in taping mode then.

2.  As far as requests for tickets, it's a good idea to try to request tickets at least a month or two in advance because most shows don't always garruntee a good seat for you with thoas dates.  Try their web sites for specific ticket info.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 07:33:45 AM »
I'll do my best!

I can't give you an accurate taping schedule for anything other than 'Price,' but you should request your tickets about 5-7 weeks prior to your trip.  You can request them anytime, but they are going to send them when they are ready.  The Season Premiere is currently scheduled for early June, but as taping schedules do change, I'd rather hold off on posting the date.

The best place to stay in if you're really concerned about TPiR is right by the studio, most likely at the Farmer's Daughter.  CBS no longer allows TPiR audience members to park in their lot unless you are handicapped.  Therefor, finding parking in the area will be difficult, and not free.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'd recommend staying near the airport.  You're about 15-20 minutes from CBS and Sony, and you'll save some serious money.

Good luck!