Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Age Demographic of TPIR?  (Read 3008 times)

Shredder

Age Demographic of TPIR?
« on: January 19, 2005, 11:59:21 AM »
Just curious, but does anyone know the ratio of 18-40 year olds that watch price compared to 60-90 year olds?

Judging by all the commercials they show, you'd think that he audience would turn older, but judging by the crowds in the audience, the opposite seems true...

So, wich is it :)..?

BTW, Winford Brimley must be rich after all those repeats of his commercial :).

14gameshows

Age Demographic of TPIR?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:27:31 PM »
I know, I find it awfully funny how 90% of the audience is the coveted 18-39 crowd, but the commercials speak otherwise.  Supposedly, Nielsen doesn't collect data from colleges and so forth, however I'm in that age range and not in college and haven't been asked to participate in a Nielsen poll yet :(  

Come to think of it, if the Marketing big wigs at CBS ever watch TPIR and see that 18-39 crowd in the audience all year long, how come they don't put commercials that "target" that group on tv at the time PRICE is on?  Think of the money that CBS could rake in with those spots.  However, loud guitar riffs during the morning isn't my cup of tea anyways, unless I'm watching MTV or something. ;)

catkins522

Age Demographic of TPIR?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:47:50 PM »
Well, you need to figure out the work factor.  About 99% of the 18-30 does work and/or going to school.  However, around 10% of the 60-99 goes to work.  The rest are retired.  So, they have time to watch tv, go golfing, or go shopping.  So, the ads will mainly skew to the older folks.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Shredder

Age Demographic of TPIR?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 03:18:15 PM »
You also have to consider the people who skip work and school like they say on the show to watch price :).

Or like myself, buy a 2.5" color TV and hope my highschool lunch break falls during 11-12 :)

14gameshows

Age Demographic of TPIR?
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 04:27:15 PM »
Well, you need to figure out the work factor. About 99% of the 18-30 does work and/or going to school. However, around 10% of the 60-99 goes to work. The rest are retired. So, they have time to watch tv, go golfing, or go shopping. So, the ads will mainly skew to the older folks.

Good Point, I never thought of it that way!  As a matter of fact, I'm at work right now typing this!

So really, how does most of the 18-39 crowd watch the show, on tape-delay (VCR, TiVo/DVR)?  Or do they really schedule their classes around Price?

xibit777

Age Demographic of TPIR?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 05:07:05 PM »
I'm 24 and I make sure to record TPiR everyday and watch it when I get back sometime in the evening.