Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Distraction  (Read 4973 times)

dale_grass

Distraction
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:42:50 PM »
I liked it.  It was amusing watching the contestants put themselves through pain, Jimmy Carr is very funny, and the end game is something else.  Although a bit abrasive (the bald/hormone wisecrack), I think it fits fine on Comedy Central.  Any one else see it?

pacdude

Distraction
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 11:51:13 PM »
I saw it, and I'll be damned if anyone says this isn't a fine game show. For what it is and for what it's supposed to do, it's perfect.

I LMAO'd, and you've gotta have a horrible sense of humor if you didn't too.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Distraction
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 12:36:04 AM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' date=\'Jan 18 2005, 09:42 PM\']It was amusing watching the contestants put themselves through pain
[/quote]
I am speechless.

UPDATE: Now I've seen the show. Of all of the adjectives I can think of to describe that half-hour I won't get back, "amusing" ranks about third. From the bottom.

That was utterly stunning in its craptitude.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:08:53 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Distraction
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 09:46:07 AM »
I liked it...it's bad, but more of a guilty pleasure bad, instead of CS'01 bad. I needed a good laugh last nite, and since I missed "Chappelle's Show," this fit the bill. ;-)

I'll check it out next week, but I still want them to bring Win Ben Stein's Money back.

ObGameShow: Ummm...Dave Chappelle did a game show parody last year...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dale_grass

Distraction
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 02:03:31 PM »
I am speechless.

Allow me to elaborate.  The contestants know what they're getting into.  Unlike Fear Factor, the gross-out factor isn't that big of a part of game play.  Watching someone try and answer simple trivia questions with clothespins hanging from their face is humorous in my eyes.  No one went away crying (in fact Rob was rather enjoying himself at the end).  I like the show and look forward to more episodes.  That's my humble opinion.

And, I'd also like Comedy Central to bring back Win Ben Stein's Money.

trivia202003

Distraction
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 02:24:22 PM »
Is the new car he had to go home with actually destroyed, or does the producers replace it with the unharmed one?

clemon79

Distraction
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 02:46:38 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 12:03 PM\']Allow me to elaborate.  The contestants know what they're getting into.
[/quote]
No question. I don't accuse the production company of any kind of exploitation. I accuse them of making a show that just plain sucked.
Watching someone try and answer simple trivia questions with clothespins hanging from their face is humorous in my eyes.
Well, your dime. I thought it was utterly pathetic, myself.
(in fact Rob was rather enjoying himself at the end)
Rob was the perfect contestant for that show. He's the guy at the party who is drunk off his ass and wearing his own underwear on his head by the end of the night.
That's my humble opinion.
More power to you. I simply don't see it. But then, I don't like the Three Stooges, either.

Skynet74

Distraction
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »
So it looks like everyone liked it except Chris. I wish I had seen it so I could form my own opinion.... but I missed this one. Someone give me a schedule of when this thing is on and I'll take a look. I'm to lazy to go look for a TV Guide right now.

John

clemon79

Distraction
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 02:50:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 12:47 PM\']So it looks like everyone liked it except Chris.[/quote]
Wow, you based that on four whole opinions. Jesus, even Nielsen takes a bigger sample. Every time I think you've hit bottom, John, you continue to amaze me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:50:46 PM by clemon79 »

itiparanoid13

Distraction
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »
I liked the show.  Only 2 things threw me from the show a little: One was the way over-excited reactions of the contestants, especially in the beginning.  I get annoyed by over the top stuff like that.  The other was very easy question difficulty along with the stupidity of the contestants.  The switch in difficulty from Win Ben Stein's Money to this is insane.  If you are a smart person and can endure a little pain, you can easily win a new car.  Jimmy, to my suprise, was a really good host too, at least all to me.

reason1024

Distraction
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 03:33:27 PM »
I liked it, my only criticism of the show is that before the "Anti-Bonus Round", they gave me the impression that there was no gameplay left and might lose viewers there.  I really liked the opening interview segment -- has any other gameshow done something similar before?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Distraction
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 06:20:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 12:47 PM\']So it looks like everyone liked it except Chris.[/quote]
While I didn't get to see the program in question, because I was out of town...from reading the descriptions, it sounds like pure crapola.

I love when people lump people, such as Chris as "haters"; simply because they post a negative review.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Skynet74

Distraction
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 06:26:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 06:20 PM\'][quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 12:47 PM\']So it looks like everyone liked it except Chris.[/quote]
While I didn't get to see the program in question, because I was out of town...from reading the descriptions, it sounds like pure crapola.

I love when people lump people, such as Chris as "haters"; simply because they post a negative review.
[snapback]71999[/snapback]
[/quote]

Chill. Never said Chris was a Hater. I was judging by the responses I saw that seemed to be going in the particular direction. I've yet to see anyone who actually saw the show post that they hated it.. (Except for Chris). So I'll anxiously await more opinions.

However... Chris did state that he hated the Three Stooges. Now... that's just plain WEIRD! ;-)

John
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 10:06:33 PM by Skynet74 »

Robert Hutchinson

Distraction
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 09:50:11 PM »
What about if you have every intention of never seeing it, even accidentally?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

CarbonCpy

Distraction
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 11:35:03 PM »
Personally, there are two things I like in television:  Cartoon violence and schadenfreude.  This show manages to combine both.  Consider me one happy plebe.

EDIT:  From the looks of it, it's gonna be a weekly show.  I think that's a good thing; a daily edition would both lack the budget and the punch to keep that endgame going.

[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 02:46 PM\']More power to you. I simply don't see it. But then, I don't like the Three Stooges, either.
[snapback]71958[/snapback]
[/quote]

So, have you been a dirty, dirty communist all your life, or was this a recent thing?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 11:45:01 PM by CarbonCpy »