Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attending Spanish Game shows  (Read 2635 times)

cmjb13

Attending Spanish Game shows
« on: January 22, 2005, 10:13:28 AM »
After watching Trato Hecho and seeing the ticket plug makes wonder if people who don't speak very good Spanish are allowed to attend and participate?

Or if they are looking for Spanish speaking contestants only?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 10:18:47 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 10:13 AM\']After watching Trato Hecho and seeing the ticket plug makes wonder if people who don't speak very good Spanish are allowed to attend and participate?

[snapback]72375[/snapback]
[/quote]
Years ago I translated the first 20 minutes of a "Sábado Gigante" episode for an AP Spanish assignment -- and I distinctly recall that the first contestant in said episode spoke precisely one word of Spanish: "sí."  Don Francisco had some fun with him, but let him play the game and even explained the rules to him in English.

So it has happened; whether that's common or not, I don't know.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 10:20:44 AM by dzinkin »

sshuffield70

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 03:28:20 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 09:18 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 10:13 AM\']After watching Trato Hecho and seeing the ticket plug makes wonder if people who don't speak very good Spanish are allowed to attend and participate?

[snapback]72375[/snapback]
[/quote]
Years ago I translated the first 20 minutes of a "Sábado Gigante" episode for an AP Spanish assignment -- and I distinctly recall that the first contestant in said episode spoke precisely one word of Spanish: "sí."  Don Francisco had some fun with him, but let him play the game and even explained the rules to him in English.

So it has happened; whether that's common or not, I don't know.
[snapback]72376[/snapback]
[/quote]

Given the host's trilingual background (English, Spanish, and German), that wouldn't surprise me.

BTW, for those who don't know, his real name is Mario Kreutzberger.