Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Pyramid Find?  (Read 3130 times)

Little Big Brother

Interesting Pyramid Find?
« on: January 22, 2005, 01:37:26 AM »
So I've been trying to find a website that had a video clip of what I consider to be the best Pyramid $100k win (Keefe Ferrandini, spelling based on Google's "Did you mean...") when I stumbled across something interesting.  One of the circumstances that facilitated Keefe's placement in the tournament was being disqualified from play for one week when the late Terry Lester was one of the celebrities.  It was never really explained why this happened, but she returned a week later to solidify her berth in the tourney.

Anyway, while doing my so far fruitless search, a name that kept popping up was Dean Raphael Ferrandini, usually in the context of filmographies.  A little IMDB poking and it turns out the Dean was a stunt double for Terry Lester in the TV Movie "Blade in Hong Kong".  Assuming that Keefe and Dean were married, that struck me as a nifty little tidbit.  

Just thought I'd pass that along.  Oh, and if anyone knows where I can find that video clip (I know it has existed at some point, I referred others to it before but have since lost the link), please drop me a line.

Pyramid20000

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 07:52:53 AM »
the clip is at www.uberzine.com  i just wish there were more people out there to keep the memory of Pyramid alive.

Little Big Brother

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 09:09:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid20000\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 07:52 AM\']the clip is at www.uberzine.com  i just wish there were more people out there to keep the memory of Pyramid alive.
[snapback]72366[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah thank you!  I remembered that "Zine" was in there somewhere but could not for the life of me remember what came in front of it.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 02:41:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 02:37 AM\']Anyway, while doing my so far fruitless search, a name that kept popping up was Dean Raphael Ferrandini, usually in the context of filmographies.  A little IMDB poking and it turns out the Dean was a stunt double for Terry Lester in the TV Movie "Blade in Hong Kong".  Assuming that Keefe and Dean were married, that struck me as a nifty little tidbit.  [/quote]
From one Googler to another, that's an impressive bit of sleuthing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:46:51 PM »
The circumstances were explained pretty clearly on Terry Lester's first show.  I think the only details they left out were Dean's name and the title of the movie.  (And, IIRC, after Keif's first $10,000 win, Dean came onstage and Keif identified him by name.)

Nevertheless, I agree that your sleuthing was impressive!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.