Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie timeslots  (Read 5602 times)

tvwxman

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 08:15:51 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 20 2005, 10:30 PM\']In Hartford/New Haven, WTNH (Ch. 8) used to have a 90-min. GS block from 4-5:30 during the 85-86 season, which consisted of $otC, J!, and Headling Chasers (in that order).

Almost 10 yrs later, in 94-95, they (briefly) moved J! to 4 PM so they could air ET at 7 PM (WFSB, which had carried the latter since day 1, briefly dropped it for some other show...tempted to say either Extra or Access Hollywood [w/the multi-talented Pat O'Brien, LOL], but not positive).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
[snapback]72186[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good lord, Chuck knows more about the game show history of TNH than I do, and I friggin work there!

Show me up, will ya???? :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

zachhoran

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 08:51:57 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 20 2005, 10:30 PM\']
Almost 10 yrs later, in 94-95, they (briefly) moved J! to 4 PM so they could air ET at 7 PM (WFSB, which had carried the latter since day 1, briefly dropped it for some other show...tempted to say either Extra or Access Hollywood [w/the multi-talented Pat O'Brien, LOL], but not positive).

[/quote]

WFSB wouldn't have dropped ET for Access Hollywood in 1994-95, and that's simply because AH didn't debut until Fall 1996. Extra! debuted in Fall 1994, however.

tyshaun1

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 10:00:31 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 21 2005, 08:51 AM\']WFSB wouldn't have dropped ET for Access Hollywood in 1994-95, and that's simply because AH didn't debut until Fall 1996. Extra! debuted in Fall 1994, however.
[snapback]72237[/snapback]
[/quote]

And this, my friends, is another example of (say it with me)........

"POSTING JUST TO POST!"

Tyshaun

WhammyPower

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 10:10:33 AM »
WDJT used to have 3 hours of GS programming... 9 to 11 (Includes PiR @ 10, since they're CBS), and 4-5.  However, since Pyramid is cancelled, they dropped the 9-10 slot in favor of "The Larry Edler Show."  But, they still have Feud at 4, Mill at 4:30, and double-runs of both on their sister station, WMLW, at 8:30 and 8:00 AM, respectively.

BrandonFG

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 03:25:25 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 21 2005, 08:51 AM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 20 2005, 10:30 PM\']

[/quote]

WFSB wouldn't have dropped ET for Access Hollywood in 1994-95, and that's simply because AH didn't debut until Fall 1996. Extra! debuted in Fall 1994, however.
[snapback]72237[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is why he said EITHER Extra or Access Hollywood. Cut the man some slack.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 03:25:47 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

ChuckNet

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 01:17:11 AM »
Good lord, Chuck knows more about the game show history of TNH than I do, and I friggin work there!

Show me up, will ya???? :)

LOL...well, I've blanketed the H-NH market all my life, compared to a mere 3 yrs for you, my meteorologist friend. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

TrplPlayRD

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 04:29:09 PM »
Here in Seattle, KOMO (ABC) had used the 4pm-5pm hour for a lot of game shows.

Catch Phrase, Headline Chasers, $1MCOAL, $ale of the Century, The Challengers, Dating/Newlywed Hour, Pyramid, and syndie WWTBAM.  

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head but I'm sure there was some others.

KING (NBC) used the 7:30pm slot for Tic Tac Dough (Martindale/Caldwell) and the most recent run of Hollywood Squares.

BrandonFG

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 10:31:22 PM »
I hate to add to a post I initiated lol, but the "unexpected cancellations" thread reminded me of another one.

WTKR also used the 4 pm slot for TPiR94, followed by Dawson Feud. Both were gone by January, and WTKR replaced Feud with a 4:30 newscast. I think some newsmagazine replaced TPiR.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Thad Dixon

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2005, 03:42:36 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 10:31 PM\']I hate to add to a post I initiated lol, but the "unexpected cancellations" thread reminded me of another one.

WTKR also used the 4 pm slot for TPiR94, followed by Dawson Feud. Both were gone by January, and WTKR replaced Feud with a 4:30 newscast. I think some newsmagazine replaced TPiR.
[snapback]72464[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, it was "A Current Affair" that took the time slot of Doug's TPiR.  Also, the Feud wasn't gone by January, at least not completely yet -- when the aforementioned 4:30 newscast tanked, WTKR put Feud back in that slot and it stayed there 'til it really was gone for good the following season.  I pointed this out towards the end of our Usenet days and you must've forgotten since then.

And speaking of Feud, here's another example (and I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this one yet, Brandon):  As of Jan. 10 of this year, the current version has moved to 11am on WTVZ (and I think you know what it's competing with on WTKR as a result).  The show has already aired in that slot on that station two other times prior to this:  from about halfway through Karn's first season 'til a couple of weeks before the start of the next one, and again from Jan. until Sept. of last year when they were airing Seacrest's talk show in the 5pm slot.

BrandonFG

Syndie timeslots
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 06:29:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Jan 23 2005, 03:42 PM\']Yes, it was "A Current Affair" that took the time slot of Doug's TPiR.  Also, the Feud wasn't gone by January, at least not completely yet -- when the aforementioned 4:30 newscast tanked, WTKR put Feud back in that slot and it stayed there 'til it really was gone for good the following season.  I pointed this out towards the end of our Usenet days and you must've forgotten since then.
[/quote]

I've forgotten a lot since the Usenet days. ;-)

And speaking of Feud, here's another example (and I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this one yet, Brandon):  As of Jan. 10 of this year, the current version has moved to 11am on WTVZ (and I think you know what it's competing with on WTKR as a result). 
[snapback]72536[/snapback]

I never even realized the change, but I'd love to know what keeps making WTVZ use the 11 am slot. Perhaps the show is getting decent ratings at that slot, despite its competition.