Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Teen Best Friends Week  (Read 8650 times)

KyleCHaight

Wheel of Fortune Teen Best Friends Week
« on: January 31, 2005, 12:29:57 AM »
Looking at the official "Wheel of Fortune" site, the set for this upcoming week is that of the Philadelphia 2004 trip from a couple months ago. Why were the Teen Best Friends week of shows taped in Philadelphia only to air weeks after the Philadelphia trip? Wouldn't it make more sense to have aired them back then?

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 04:36:06 AM »
I think they pretty much schedule those in during February sweeps period.  Seems to be an annual occurance nowadays.  Either that or there was a week of shows with a special theme(like those that pertain to a special group instead of regular players) at Culver City in November sweeps before the shows in Philly.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 09:01:54 AM »
[quote name=\'KyleCHaight\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 12:29 AM\']Looking at the official "Wheel of Fortune" site, the set for this upcoming week is that of the Philadelphia 2004 trip from a couple months ago. Why were the Teen Best Friends week of shows taped in Philadelphia only to air weeks after the Philadelphia trip? Wouldn't it make more sense to have aired them back then?
[snapback]73634[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not sure their rationale for holding off one of the Philly weeks for Sweeps month but IIRC there's another Invisioner on the show this week, no?

pacdude

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 11:57:36 AM »
http://pics.livejournal.com/pacdude/pic/0001hy4b

The one on the right in the green? Good friend of mine. :-)

johnnyd1788

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:43:55 PM »
That's a GREAT picture.
I have been waiting for your day to come for a while. I started freaking out when I almost forgot today, but it is on tomorrow.
Watch. LOL

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 08:36:20 PM »
I'll take a stab: someone though it would be clever to run Teen Best Friends Week concurrently with the Jeopardy! Teen Tournament.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

JTFriends1

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 12:11:37 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think the November calendar had something to do with this.

Election Day fell, of course, during the first week of November.  Wheel was pre-empted in many markets that day, and the possibility existed for even more pre-emptions if the 2000 debacle happened again.

Thanksgiving was the fourth week of November.  Traditionally, Thanksgiving night and the Friday following Thanksgiving are two of the lowest rated nights for TV of the year.  Plus, football games could result in pre-emptions for Wheel's markets...again.

Road shows are sweeps shows.  Given the time, expense, and pride Wheel puts into its "on the road" productions, they probably did not want to "waste" these shows on days when pre-emptions were very likely to occur.  That left only two full pre-emption weeks free in November sweeps, so they chose to only air 2 weeks of the Philadelphia shows, and hold the 3rd week over until February.  Indeed, we'll be seeing 4 full weeks of road shows this month: 1 in Philly, and 3 in Vegas.  (I was fortunate enough to attend week 2).

Like I said, this is all speculation on my part.  But, it's as good as an explanation as I could figure.
-Jay

tmq800

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 12:16:41 AM »
So how was the taping in Vegas?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 02:27:08 AM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Feb 1 2005, 12:16 AM\']So how was the taping in Vegas?
[snapback]73782[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't know.  I had the beef wellington, myself.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cacLA8383

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 12:31:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 11:16 PM\']So how was the taping in Vegas?
[snapback]73782[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't know. I was too drunk to remember.

JTFriends1

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 05:16:26 PM »
While I won't spoil any results, the Vegas shows were very enjoyable.  Some members of the Wheel team who doesn't get nearly as much credit as they deserve are those who deal with set design and art direction.  Another custom designed Vegas set looked phenominal in person, detailed to extremes that will be impossible to capture on camera.  I can't wait to see how it looks televised.

I also had the pleasure of speaking with Charlie O and Harry Friedman for an extended period of time.  Both could not have been more gracious.

An excellent time as always...
-Jay