Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BTC: Super Bonus Stunt  (Read 4281 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
BTC: Super Bonus Stunt
« on: February 01, 2005, 12:45:27 AM »
Did it work any differently than the Bonus Stunt used before the whole big-money thing?  I know that the Bonus Stunt was random, but I haven't seen an episode of the show that uses the Super Stunt.

EDIT: After consulting with DZ, I'm going to add the other half of my question.  Since I haven't seen the show, it would be helpful to know what some of the stunts used were, to have something to go on.

I'm putting together a project for the class I work with, and would like to use some of the stunts that were played on the program.  If any good ones stand out, let me know.  Obviously, it helps if the props can be found or made quickly and easily.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 01:25:04 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Robair

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:41:07 AM »
Here's a few for starters. These were all bonus stunts which can be easily set up.

1. Two players. Needed: an empty glass Coke bottle and two dowels about three to four feet long. Lay the bottle on the floor. Using only the dowels and holding them only by the ends, pick up and maneuver the bottle so that it is standing upside-down on the floor. Time: 45 seconds.

2. Two players. Needed: a hollow mailing tube (about three feet long), tennis balls, a laundry basket. Place the players about 6 feet apart, and set the laundry basket about two feet from one of them, who also holds the tube. The tube is to be held under the player's right arm with the left hand on the bottom of the tube, near the front. The other player must bounce tennis balls to the player with the tube, who must catch them, and then run to the laundry basket and drop them in. The tube may not be blocked by the player in any way. To win, the couple must get three balls in the basket. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Time: 55 seconds.

There are many other bonus stunts, but they involve staging and rigging and precise measurements to be effective (not to mention toupees and topless top hats), but those two are a good start. Plus, they're teamwork stunts that you could conceivably have a few instances of set up in case you want to get the whole class involved.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 10:44:04 AM by Robair »
--Robair

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
Some carnival games make for good Bonus Stunts, too. One that comes to mind is the one with the Coke bottle lying on its side, and the contestant has a fishing pole with a shower curtain ring tied to the end of the line. Using the ring only, the player must stand the Coke bottle upright. Much like the one Robair describes, except it doesn't hinge so much on the distinctive shape of a glass Coke bottle, which might be hard to find. (Is Coke in bottles still readily available most places? We're so used to buying it in cans or liter bottles.)

One of my favorites from the Monty Hall version involved something like ten Coke bottles (in this case, any ol' bottle of similar size will do...Pepsi bottles might be better, since they have a longer neck) and a golf ball. The first player would place the golf ball on the top of the first bottle, and then, holding only the bottle, transfer it to their partner, who is holding the second bottle. Player One then grabs Bottle Three, and receives the ball from Player Two, who grabs Bottle Four, and so on down the line. A drop meant you went back to Bottle One, and "all you had to do" was get the ball all the way down the line.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 12:07:08 PM »
On my old site 3 or 4 years ago, I had a video with 3 Super Bonus stunts, all of which were knocked off in a span of 4 shows.

Three cardboard Quaker Oats-type containers had to be stacked upright by using just dowels.  Before this stunt was won, couples tried handling each container by grabbing the ends and lifting.  This didn't work very well.  The winning couple knocked the containers onto their sides, lined them up using the dowels, and one person would lift the containers while the other person would support them from the bottom.  I don't remember how much time was given (40 or 50 seconds), but this team used no more than 20 of those seconds.  This was hit at $12,000 or $21,000.  Damn dyslexia!

Two weeks later, a stunt worth $6000 was won.  This one involved a single contestant contestant trying to balance a bowling pin upside-down while quickly trying to balance a pin with six sides sanded down flat (to prevent rolling off the table) in an upright position.  Time:  40 seconds, I believe.

The next week, a Super Bonus stunt was hit for the base $5000.  Bud put a ping-pong ball on a platform or portable tabletop (about 2 feet square), being held by one contestant.  The other player had to hit the underside of this tabletop with a rubber mallet, attempting to get the ping-pong ball inside a small Dixie cup.  If a ball fell off the platform or was placed in the cup, Bud would put a new ball on the surface.  The object was to have two balls in the cup at the same time.  I think the time limit was again 40 seconds.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 03:05:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2005, 11:53 AM\'](Is Coke in bottles still readily available most places? We're so used to buying it in cans or liter bottles.)
[/quote]
Our distributor in Central Iowa has it in little 8 oz. glass bottles.  If that fails...what about a bottle of Heinz?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 04:05:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 1 2005, 01:05 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2005, 11:53 AM\'](Is Coke in bottles still readily available most places? We're so used to buying it in cans or liter bottles.)
[/quote]
Our distributor in Central Iowa has it in little 8 oz. glass bottles.  If that fails...what about a bottle of Heinz?
[snapback]73842[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ketchup, or 57 Sauce? 57 sauce isn't round, but I suppose a round ketchup bottle would serve adequately as a substitute. The longer the bottle, the harder the stunt will be, since the part of the bottle you are manipulating is further away from the center of gravity of the bottle.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe