Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It Happened To Jane coming to DVD  (Read 3289 times)

Matt Ottinger

It Happened To Jane coming to DVD
« on: January 30, 2005, 10:54:05 PM »
It Happened To Jane, a trifle of a movie from 1959, is being released on home video February 22nd as part of a tribute to Doris Day.  It's never been released on home video before, though it's appeared every so often on Turner Classic Movies.

There's a scene that only lasts for a couple of minutes which features the cast of IGAS as themselves trying to figure out the secret posed by Day's character, a small-town lobster farmer battling a railroad tycoon.  It's in color, pretty much the only surviving color film of the series.

The movie also features a small, unbilled part by Gene Rayburn as a local newsman.  If you've ever seen Gene on the Card Sharks Game Show Hosts Tournament, you might recall that he tells a story about a movie he acted in where he refused billing.  That would be this one.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jdhernandez

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 06:52:07 AM »
Simply put; thank you.

Not only for the game show reference, but it warms my heart to know that many of these great classic movies are coming out on home video and DVD (Bringing Up Baby being one of them). Matt, will this movie also come out on DVD, or do I have to copy it onto a disc myself? :p

PS: For those of you wondering, BUB comes out on March 1st. =)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 06:58:50 AM by jdhernandez »
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 09:38:03 AM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 07:52 AM\']Matt, will this movie also come out on DVD, or do I have to copy it onto a disc myself?
[/quote]
Yes, several of these old Doris Day movies are getting the DVD treatment.  At this point, I guess I just assume a new release is coming out on DVD.   Eventually, we're going to get to a point where you'll have to wonder whether a new release will even come out in VHS anymore.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 06:25:49 PM »
Was that IGAS scene on a Hollywood sound stage or was it the real set?  I hesitate to bring this up, but there are color photos of many old shows that exist--in the pages of TV Guide.  Rupert Murdoch and Gemstar are probably unaware of the treasure trove they control!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 06:33:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 04:25 PM\']Rupert Murdoch and Gemstar are probably unaware of the treasure trove they control!
[snapback]73728[/snapback]
[/quote]
You don't make the kind of stupid money Rupert Murdoch does without being ACUTELY aware of which of your assets have value and which don't.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Pyramids

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 07:05:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 06:25 PM\']Was that IGAS scene on a Hollywood sound stage or was it the real set?  I hesitate to bring this up, but there are color photos of many old shows that exist--in the pages of TV Guide.  Rupert Murdoch and Gemstar are probably unaware of the treasure trove they control!
[/quote]

I've been taken aback by the color 'Passwords' and the color 'Truth' M. Goodson guest -hosted that GSN ran in '02.

Still be glad for the kinescopes, even the 'WML' ones from the same mid-to-late sixties period mentioned above.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 07:05:59 PM by PaulD »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 08:09:15 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 06:33 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 04:25 PM\']Rupert Murdoch and Gemstar are probably unaware of the treasure trove they control!
[/quote]
You don't make the kind of stupid money Rupert Murdoch does without being ACUTELY aware of which of your assets have value and which don't.
[snapback]73729[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tru dat!  I have a lot of the photos as well in my back issues, so at least I'm getting the benefits, but copyright laws being what they are, he could probably take action to stop someone from sharing the worthless items on the web, so perhaps they do have some small value.  As the host of 100% might say, ponderous.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.