Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show panel casting call: "Queer Eye" style  (Read 5275 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Game show panel casting call: "Queer Eye" style
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 06:51:36 AM »
Four panelists attempt to determine if a contestant is actually the gender they appear to be. Or, they attempt to determine which of three challengers is not the gender they appear to be. There's a game there; in fact I believe Ricki Lake has done entire shows along those lines. It certainly adds a new dimension to the phrase "Masquerade Party".

Working title: "Who's Your Tranny?".

TimK2003

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 08:55:07 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 06:51 AM\']Four panelists attempt to determine if a contestant is actually the gender they appear to be. Or, they attempt to determine which of three challengers is not the gender they appear to be. There's a game there; in fact I believe Ricki Lake has done entire shows along those lines. It certainly adds a new dimension to the phrase "Masquerade Party".

[snapback]71901[/snapback]
[/quote]

Perhaps it could be like TTTT, in which the panelists determine which of 3 cross-dressed contestants is *not* a cross-dresser and is just a normal guy wearing womens clothes.

Working Title:  "Queen For A Day".

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 09:09:13 PM »
I went to Burt Dubrow's web site, where a page has pretty much the same blurb as on the Craigslist posting, plus an application and an appearance release form:

http://www.burtdubrowproductions.com/games...ncerelease.html

Note the corporate name next to "Burt Dubrow Productions, Inc." in the second line of the release.  Hmmmmmm...

sshuffield70

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 09:13:01 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 09:09 PM\']I went to Burt Dubrow's web site, where a page has pretty much the same blurb as on the Craigslist posting, plus an application and an appearance release form:

Note the corporate name next to "Burt Dubrow Productions, Inc." in the second line of the release.  Hmmmmmm...
[snapback]72019[/snapback]
[/quote]

Haven't they learned a damn thing yet??

(nope---witness "American Dream Derby" or more appropriately known: ADD)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 09:19:44 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 09:09 PM\']I went to Burt Dubrow's web site, where a page has pretty much the same blurb as on the Craigslist posting, plus an application and an appearance release form:

Note the corporate name next to "Burt Dubrow Productions, Inc." in the second line of the release.  Hmmmmmm...
[/quote]

Does this mean they're going back to the old name?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 09:21:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 09:19 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 09:09 PM\']I went to Burt Dubrow's web site, where a page has pretty much the same blurb as on the Craigslist posting, plus an application and an appearance release form:

[/quote]

Does this mean they're going back to the old name?
[snapback]72027[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Game Show Network, LLC" is still the legal corporate name.  I just found it interesting that they'd be going for a panel show, even with an unconventional twist...

thgames65

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2005, 07:01:50 PM »
They are still looking for one last panelist.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/58283100.html

Tim H.

ITSBRY

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2005, 09:28:34 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 19 2005, 06:51 AM\']Four panelists attempt to determine if a contestant is actually the gender they appear to be. Or, they attempt to determine which of three challengers is not the gender they appear to be. There's a game there; in fact I believe Ricki Lake has done entire shows along those lines. It certainly adds a new dimension to the phrase "Masquerade Party".

[snapback]71901[/snapback]
[/quote]

THAT IS FUNNY!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2005, 10:13:01 PM »
They are still looking for one last panelist.
I'm told Karel Bouley has auditioned. Yes, former KFI and current KGO radio talk show host Karel, aka vaccinated-with-a-phonograph-needle Karel, aka shut-the-hell-up-and-let-someone-else-speak Karel.

The same Karel who once on the radio described a black person's behavior as "acting her race". On the radio!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 10:14:11 PM by chris319 »