Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Couples Millionaire  (Read 4229 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Couples Millionaire
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »
I've watched three of these shows so far, and all I have to say is that watching two people agonize over a question for goodness-knows-how-long, then find out that they were right all the time must be the boringest 30 minutes of television ever.  (it's MORE than boring, it's boring-est!)  Watching one person is interesting, but this just drags.  I cannot wait for Monday, and regular games.
Travis L. Eberle

zachhoran

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:49:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Feb 9 2005, 09:16 PM\']I've watched three of these shows so far, and all I have to say is that watching two people agonize over a question for goodness-knows-how-long, then find out that they were right all the time must be the boringest 30 minutes of television ever.  (it's MORE than boring, it's boring-est!)  Watching one person is interesting, but this just drags.  I cannot wait for Monday, and regular games.
[snapback]74690[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'll give the syndie Millionaire credit for their special weeks never featuring celebs. But when's the 15 week Ultimate TOurnament of Champions coming :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 10:31:56 PM by zachhoran »

Jimmy Owen

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 10:52:49 PM »
I haven't had a chance to watch these yet.  Who's in the relationship seat?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 11:08:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 9 2005, 10:52 PM\']I haven't had a chance to watch these yet.  Who's in the relationship seat?
[snapback]74699[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't think anyone was shown in that seat on the Monday or Tuesday show.

Peter Sarrett

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 04:44:02 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Feb 9 2005, 06:16 PM\']I've watched three of these shows so far, and all I have to say is that watching two people agonize over a question for goodness-knows-how-long, then find out that they were right all the time must be the boringest 30 minutes of television ever.
[/quote]

I completely disagree.  The whole essence of Millionaire is the agonizing over what answer to choose and whether or not to pull the trigger.  That's what makes the show.  Often that's only an internal monologue we can only glimpse via body language, but with couples we get to hear the players talk through the process aloud, with added issues of trust and support thrown in for good measure.  Good stuff.

Kevin Prather

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 06:40:53 PM »
What I always hated was that both players had to say "final answer" before the answer was locked in. This meant that even after saying "final answer," you could change it.

vtown7

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 07:52:38 PM »
I can tolerate the couples on BAM better than Wheel... but the lady on Monday?  When asked what Canada's national summer sport was she was wondering if we actually can go outside in the warm months.  Yeesh.  At least the husband was having a good laugh at her...

Ryan :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Couples Millionaire
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 08:00:31 PM »
I think the problem that I didn't lay out was that if the contestants are interesting and fun, then it's not so bad watching them mull over the answers.  But when you have two googly-eyed engaged people each saying "I think it's thus-and-so," but neither of them wants to say Final Answer, it just gets old very quickly.
Travis L. Eberle

bandit_bobby

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 09:17:34 PM »
Even with the bickering, it can be worth it, as all three couples thus far have won at least $50K (with today's big winners, Josh and Laura, winning $250,000).

zachhoran

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 09:35:20 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 09:17 PM\']Even with the bickering, it can be worth it, as all three couples thus far have won at least $50K (with today's big winners, Josh and Laura, winning $250,000).
[snapback]74778[/snapback]
[/quote]

You might want to put the results of today's episode in SHow Summaries rather than Big Board, Bobby.

Peter Sarrett

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 09:53:23 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 09:17 PM\']Even with the bickering, it can be worth it, as all three couples thus far have won at least $50K (with today's big winners, Josh and Laura, winning $250,000).
[/quote]

Grrr.  Some of us haven't seen today's episode yet.  And you're not even new here, so there's no excuse.

Look, it's not like we're asking you to carry a complete Unified Field Theory in your head.  Just the simple notion that it's rude to post spoilers where people can happen across them unexpectedly.  Here, I'll make it simpler:

SPOILERS == BAD

Sigh...

zachhoran

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 09:58:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Peter Sarrett\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 09:53 PM\']

Look, it's not like we're asking you to carry a complete Unified Field Theory in your head. 

[snapback]74780[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think da Bandit might be able to carry such a theory in his head, but he can't carry the newsgroup the way Stydfan does :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Couples Millionaire
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 10:13:25 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 07:58 PM\']I think da Bandit might be able to carry such a theory in his head
[/quote]
You, sir, are in NO position to comment on ANY of this.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 10:26:04 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 09:17 PM\']Moronic results snipped
[/quote]

You're a real genius, you know that.

I'm convinced you have got to be some kind of troll. This is like the third time you've spoiled an episode. The first two were in the spoiler section, now you post the results in the main forum.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 10:26:38 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Timsterino

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 11:13:16 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Feb 9 2005, 10:16 PM\']I've watched three of these shows so far, and all I have to say is that watching two people agonize over a question for goodness-knows-how-long, then find out that they were right all the time must be the boringest 30 minutes of television ever.  (it's MORE than boring, it's boring-est!)  Watching one person is interesting, but this just drags.  I cannot wait for Monday, and regular games.
[/quote]

I noticed a trend this week. One new couple per day. Millionaire probably only wants to give away one bridal prize per day. They are lucky however. They have had decent couples in the hotseat this week. Although, the early questions seem a bit easier then usual and they have stretched the pondering time a bit as well. I am not so bothered by that to be honest. Pondering is part of Millionaire's appeal IMHO.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 11:14:44 AM by Timsterino »