Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scoreboard Question  (Read 4150 times)

trivia202003

Scoreboard Question
« on: February 14, 2005, 01:53:55 PM »
Do game shows make their own scoreboards?

BrandonFG

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 02:16:39 PM »
[quote name=\'trivia202003\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 01:53 PM\']Do game shows make their own scoreboards?
[snapback]75054[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm no expert on this, but there is a company that provides the scoreboards you're talking about. The website comes up from time to time, but I suggest doing a groups.google search from ATGS. The topic has come up a couple of times, just like the game show buzzer questions.

Come to think of it, there's an architectural encyclopedia known as Sweet's books. They provide info just about every detail you can think of, including, types of tote readouts. Not quite the game show tote you're speaking of, but it's a start.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvrandywest

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 04:10:29 PM »
[quote name=\'trivia202003\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 10:53 AM\']Do game shows make their own scoreboards?
[snapback]75054[/snapback]
[/quote]
You already know, because I answered your e-mail saying:
>>Virtually all of the game electronics for TV game shows in Los Angeles... the readouts, the custom programs, and the operators to run them... come from two sources: CBS Electronics and Vista Electronics. Both were started by folks who created all the stuff for the CBS game shows of the 1980s. They build some parts and buy others, like the lockout buttons discussed in another similar thread, from outside suppliers.<<

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Scoreboard Question
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 04:12:52 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 02:10 PM\']You already know, because I answered your e-mail saying:
[/quote]
Randy, never let it be said that you are not a kind and tolerant man.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 04:17:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 04:10 PM\']You already know, because I answered your e-mail saying:

[snapback]75063[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, Mr. Oswald, your "apology" means little if you don't back it up.

Asking people questions, then coming right back here and asking them AGAIN makes you look just like your old self.

tvrandywest

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 04:18:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 01:12 PM\']Randy, never let it be said that you are not a kind and tolerant man.
[snapback]75064[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's l-o-n-g fuse, but has a deadly explosive load!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

MikeK

• Martha!
Scoreboard Question
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 05:08:20 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 04:18 PM\']It's l-o-n-g fuse, but has a deadly explosive load![/quote]I really didn't want to hear about Randy's load during dinner...

trivia202003

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »
All right, it won't happen again.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Scoreboard Question
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 05:21:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 02:18 PM\']It's l-o-n-g fuse, but has a deadly explosive load!
[/quote]
Oddly enough, the same thing happens to be when I have a bad cheeseburger. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 10:13:30 PM »
No; they're made by 11-year old school girls from Burbank.

So THAT's what R. Kelly's been supervising when not in the recording studio... :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Pushing-The-Envelope "Chuckie Baby")

tvwxman

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 11:12:10 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 04:18 PM\']

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]75067[/snapback]
[/quote]

Easy now, Bob Crane.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Ian Wallis

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 11:29:18 AM »

Easy now, Bob Crane.

I know nothing.......I see nothing......
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

dazztardly

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 08:28:46 PM »
Staying on topic... There was also one company based out of New York City called "Perfection Electricks". They have assembled scoreboards, lock-outs, and other game electronics for a number of game shows, for Nickelodeon, MTV, and other tv companies/network through Viacom.

My co-endevor "FLASHGames²" has just started venturing into this field ourselves within the past couple years. We have designed scoreboards & gameboards, using computer monitor feeds as slave readouts.
-Dan

GS Warehouse

Scoreboard Question
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 11:04:57 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 08:28 PM\']... There was also one company based out of New York City called "Perfection Electricks". They have assembled scoreboards, lock-outs, and other game electronics for a number of game shows, for Nickelodeon, MTV, and other tv companies/network through Viacom.
[snapback]75258[/snapback]
[/quote]
Perfection didn't work exclusively with Viacom.  They also provided the light markers for the end game on Where is the World is Carmen Sandiego?.