Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Becoming a Contestant  (Read 2854 times)

Peter Sarrett

Becoming a Contestant
« on: February 14, 2005, 07:54:47 PM »
I thought it'd be fun to visit a friend or two in L.A. sometime this year and work a couple of game show auditions into the trip.  No date in mind-- I'd schedule the trip to maximize audition opportunities.

1) What game shows are auditioning for contestants in LA this year?
2) During what months do they audition?
3) How does one get oneself onto the call sheet?

Jimmy Owen

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 08:25:57 PM »
Wheel of Fortune is having a contest through 2/26/05 to win a trip to LA and a chance to audition for the show.  Log onto wheeloffortune.com for more information on how to enter and win.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 08:33:03 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

StevensM

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 08:31:28 PM »
Here's some information on auditioning for Jeopardy! while in the L.A. area.
Jeopardy Contestant Search

Also, Street Smarts has a number you can call if you're in the L.A. area and are interested in auditioning.
Street Smarts

Balderdash, a show on PAX, is also auditioning.
Balderdash

Hope this helps, and good luck!

SplitSecond

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 08:58:29 PM »
[quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 06:31 PM\']Balderdash, a show on PAX, is also auditioning.
Balderdash
[/quote]
Call quick!

thgames65

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
Peter:  I will continue to post items I find from http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/ regarding new game shows.  If I see anything that seems particularly suited for you, I will e-mail you as well.

Tim H.

Little Big Brother

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »
I remember reading a few years ago in something published back when game shows were still a staple of daytime tv that recommended checking the classified ads in LA papers for casting call type situations for game show pilots.  I would recommend that, however I'm guessing multiple people here would be able to say if that piece of advice still holds for today?

thgames65

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 09:12:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 09:03 PM\']I remember reading a few years ago in something published back when game shows were still a staple of daytime tv that recommended checking the classified ads in LA papers for casting call type situations for game show pilots.  I would recommend that, however I'm guessing multiple people here would be able to say if that piece of advice still holds for today?
[snapback]75103[/snapback]
[/quote]

The LA Times occasionally has items in the classifieds, most commonly for reality shows.  Much less often have there been game show situations lately, though Jeopardy! did post a notice for auditions in early fall 2004.  I will post those as well when I see them.

Tim H.

tvrandywest

Becoming a Contestant
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 11:01:09 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 05:58 PM\'][quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 06:31 PM\']Balderdash, a show on PAX, is also auditioning.
Balderdash
[/quote]
Call quick!
[snapback]75101[/snapback]
[/quote]
Shades of the final contestant plug on "Hit Man"!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com