Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Barris interview  (Read 2400 times)

JMFabiano

Chuck Barris interview
« on: February 14, 2005, 09:41:22 PM »
Not sure if anyone else got this, but tonight I caught the tail end of an interview with Chuck Barris on WFMU (NJ/NY station).  The two things I got to hear were him talking about 3's a Crowd ("the game show where everyone felt miserable") and his idea for "People Poker."  Was this aired anywhere else?  If so, any other interesting stories and such?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

uncamark

Chuck Barris interview
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 04:22:40 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 09:41 PM\']Not sure if anyone else got this, but tonight I caught the tail end of an interview with Chuck Barris on WFMU (NJ/NY station).  The two things I got to hear were him talking about 3's a Crowd ("the game show where everyone felt miserable") and his idea for "People Poker."  Was this aired anywhere else?  If so, any other interesting stories and such?
[snapback]75105[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just on WFMU, but they are extremely good about archiving their programming--here's a link to the archive page for the "Jonesville Station" program from last night--I believe it's streamed in either Real or MP3 96k:

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/JS

(WFMU is the New Jersey station that features mostly weird music on purpose--in some cases, it's a "we dare you to listen to this station more than five minutes" situation.  But if you have broad tastes--*really, really* broad tastes...)

JMFabiano

Chuck Barris interview
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:02:40 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 04:22 PM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Feb 14 2005, 09:41 PM\']Not sure if anyone else got this, but tonight I caught the tail end of an interview with Chuck Barris on WFMU (NJ/NY station).  The two things I got to hear were him talking about 3's a Crowd ("the game show where everyone felt miserable") and his idea for "People Poker."  Was this aired anywhere else?  If so, any other interesting stories and such?
[snapback]75105[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just on WFMU, but they are extremely good about archiving their programming--here's a link to the archive page for the "Jonesville Station" program from last night--I believe it's streamed in either Real or MP3 96k:

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/JS

(WFMU is the New Jersey station that features mostly weird music on purpose--in some cases, it's a "we dare you to listen to this station more than five minutes" situation.  But if you have broad tastes--*really, really* broad tastes...)
[snapback]75161[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah yes, almost forgot about WFMU's archives.  I like to almost consider the channel "public radio" myself, if for no other reason that it's commercial-free and features eclectic programs like PBS does.  But when you come to recognize the weirdness, it's great.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.