Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Distraction' marathon  (Read 3537 times)

tvwxman

'Distraction' marathon
« on: February 15, 2005, 08:09:56 PM »
CCent is running 5 eps back to back to back overnight tonight ....

Before you say 'well, looks like they're burning 'em off', they're reruns of the first 5 eps....

At least , that's what my Comcrap digital TV guide says, which is more useful these days than the TV guide magazine. (Man, does that SUCK now!)

Enjoy. Or don't.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 08:10:18 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Steve Gavazzi

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 09:34:55 PM »
Don't have a dang clue what the show you're talking about is, but you're right about TV Guide -- it's become totally worthless.

BrandonFG

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 10:30:06 PM »
Distraction...Comedy Central's new game. It's actually a pretty fun little show, much better than say, "The Chamber."
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 10:47:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 09:34 PM\']Don't have a dang clue what the show you're talking about is, but you're right about TV Guide -- it's become totally worthless.
[snapback]75188[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to veer this off-topic, but since TV Guide's worthlessness has been mentioned more than once...

To borrow a TV term, TV Guide "jumped the shark" when it ditched the daily daytime listings in favor of those godd@mned daytime grids. Sorry, but seeing "Various programs" listed instead of what is supposed to be on just doesn't cut it.

Neither does abbreviating the overnight listings to an 11pm-2am grid, with only a select # of stations.

JakeT

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 04:30:11 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 07:09 PM\']CCent is running 5 eps back to back to back overnight tonight ....
[snapback]75179[/snapback]
[/quote]

In the Central time zone, we only got 4 eps back to back (eps. 1-4) but ep. 5 was shown twice 1.5 - 3.0 hours earlier so, yeah yeah whatever...hehehe.

And at least one great benefit of this "event" was that since "DISTRACTION" was the final program on the schedule before the infomercials began, the end credits, while still squeezed to the side, did appear with a CLEAN 30-second cut of the "DISTRACTION" theme and clips from the episode were shown instead of another CC promo.  Hey, no matter small, you learn to accept your victories whenever possible...:)

Jake

Ian Wallis

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 08:59:33 AM »
At least , that's what my Comcrap digital TV guide says, which is more useful these days than the TV guide magazine. (Man, does that SUCK now!)

You're right...it does suck...but those of us who have 40-plus years of the magazine in our collections...we don't want to give it up yet...maybe they should just give up the ghost!

Ob Game Shows:  TVGuide has featured a lot of cool game show ads over the years :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tvwxman

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 11:09:46 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 10:47 PM\']
Sorry, but seeing "Various programs" listed instead of what is supposed to be on just doesn't cut it.

Neither does abbreviating the overnight listings to an 11pm-2am grid, with only a select # of stations.
[snapback]75204[/snapback]
[/quote]

EXACTLY!

You're in the business of selling a magazine for $2 an issue , which is supposed to tell me what's on and when.

Various Programs is a cop out to save printing money.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 12:02:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 09:09 AM\']You're in the business of selling a magazine for $2 an issue , which is supposed to tell me what's on and when.

Various Programs is a cop out to save printing money.
[snapback]75226[/snapback]
[/quote]
I haven't bought a TV Guide in literally years, but I have to agree: I could tell you that you'll be seeing "Various Programs" for a whole lot less than two bones.

(Good lord. Two bones, now? I remember when it was fitty cents. Of course, I remember when Marvel Comics were 30 cents (although when I was collecting the Secret Wars they were up to 75 by then.))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 12:10:01 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 10:47 PM\']
Not to veer this off-topic, but since TV Guide's worthlessness has been mentioned more than once...

To borrow a TV term, TV Guide "jumped the shark" when it ditched the daily daytime listings in favor of those godd@mned daytime grids. Sorry, but seeing "Various programs" listed instead of what is supposed to be on just doesn't cut it.

[snapback]75204[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to mention having Masquerade PArty in their 2001 list of the top 10 game shows of all time, and masterpieces like Ready Set Cook in the top 50. And Guy Smiley among the top 10 hosts of all time.

aaron sica

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 12:44:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 12:02 PM\'](Good lord. Two bones, now? I remember when it was fitty cents. Of course, I remember when Marvel Comics were 30 cents (although when I was collecting the Secret Wars they were up to 75 by then.))
[snapback]75234[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, it's two bones and change. :)

$2.49 is the cover price now. I get mine in the mail ,where I paid like $13 for a year. I still subscribe because it's good in the evenings, when I watch the most TV.

I remember when TVG was 40 cents an issue; sad thing is, in a Horan-esque way I can remember the exact issues when they had price increases after that.

uncamark

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 04:55:38 PM »
While we're mentioning it, those of you who have VOD can currently view "Distraction" ep 103 anytime you wish for as many times in 3 hours as you wish for no extra charge with 30 second breaks and the theme clean (with split-screen credits, but I think COM formats the credits so that there is program-related material that can be covered with promos)--if you have Comcast, you go into "Cable Favorites," then "Comedy Central" and then "Spotlight."

ChuckNet

'Distraction' marathon
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 07:57:26 PM »

Def agree...the listings have gotten so bad that even Frank Costanza prolly dropped his subscription, LOL.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")