Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud in Entertainment Weekly  (Read 2943 times)

calliaume

Family Feud in Entertainment Weekly
« on: February 20, 2005, 09:25:51 AM »
The February 25 issue of Entertainment Weekly includes a four-page article about two of the magazine's writers (Jessica Shaw and Dan Snierson) playing Family Feud with members of their families.  Lots of photos, including Richard Karn (although only one appears to be from the taping; the rest look like they were done specifically for the magazine), and pictures from back in the day of Dawson, Combs, and Anderson as well.

The show airs February 25 as well.  The article spoils the results of the main game, but not Fast Money.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 09:43:26 PM »
I'll be very anxious to see this, if for no other reason than to see if it's billed as a battle between two magazine writers who know each other.  'Cause if it's not, it seems like the sort of thing that a stricter S&P department wouldn't allow.  

Amazing publicity for the show, though.  I'd say there are a ton of readers who probably aren't even aware that there's a version of Family Feud on the air right now.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robair

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 09:46:48 PM »
EW readers would only know there was a version of the Feud on the air if Paris Hilton were on it regularly.
--Robair

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 11:09:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Feb 20 2005, 10:46 PM\']EW readers would only know there was a version of the Feud on the air if Paris Hilton were on it regularly.[/quote]
Good line, but I tend not to include EW with the magazines like People, Us and the tabloids that sell copies with gossip about the celeb of the month.  If you're not into entertainment news then the nuances are easy to escape, but EW really is a more serious endeavor.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 20 2005, 09:43 PM\']I'll be very anxious to see this, if for no other reason than to see if it's billed as a battle between two magazine writers who know each other.  'Cause if it's not, it seems like the sort of thing that a stricter S&P department wouldn't allow. 
[snapback]75558[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seems to me that it mentions somewhere in the article that they're playing for charity, which makes everything OK.  No matter what, Richard Karn can still (you see this coming, don't you?) DOUBLE THE POINTS!

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:12:36 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 03:18 PM\'][quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 20 2005, 09:43 PM\']I'll be very anxious to see this, if for no other reason than to see if it's billed as a battle between two magazine writers who know each other.  'Cause if it's not, it seems like the sort of thing that a stricter S&P department wouldn't allow. 
[snapback]75558[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seems to me that it mentions somewhere in the article that they're playing for charity, which makes everything OK.  No matter what, Richard Karn can still (you see this coming, don't you?) DOUBLE THE POINTS!
[snapback]75620[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes I saw it coming.  No I don't think it's particularly funny anymore.  No offense, but it's more like, OK, we know the current Feud makes an event out of the 2x and 3x rounds, we GET IT.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 11:21:17 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:14:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Feb 20 2005, 09:46 PM\']EW readers would only know there was a version of the Feud on the air if Paris Hilton were on it regularly.
[snapback]75559[/snapback]
[/quote]

There is no more Paris Hilton in my eyes...thanks to Mr's Stone and Parker, I will now only refer to her as Stupid Spoiled Whore ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.