Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tijuana Brass album to be re-released  (Read 3961 times)

alfonzos

A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

ChuckNet

Tijuana Brass album to be re-released
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 08:31:44 PM »
However, it only contains Whipped Cream, w/no appearance of the others 2 Herb Alpert/TB tunes used on the DG, Spanish Flea and Lollipops & Roses.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 04:41:32 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 08:31 PM\']However, it only contains Whipped Cream, w/no appearance of the others 2 Herb Alpert/TB tunes used on the DG, Spanish Flea and Lollipops & Roses.
[snapback]75642[/snapback]
[/quote]

And as we all know but the folks at Shout! Factory don't know, "Whipped Cream" was not a theme song on "TDG"--it was the bachelorette intro cue.

At least they didn't say that "Spanish Flea" was the theme.

sshuffield70

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:11:46 PM »
Sometimes my computer will shuffle my music files and yesterday I heard a DG theme that had been buried on my hard disc but is now on UP's Music page.  It's like the one used on TV, but with more of a horn sound.  Is this one of the ones mentioned?

(Yes, I know it's a long winded question.........)

GSWitch

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 08:28:29 PM »
"Lollipops & Roses" is the final cut on the original "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" album.  

"Spanish Flea" is the 4th cut featured on their next album, "Going Places".  

I should know, I'm a big fan of the Tijuana Brass as well as The Baja Marimba Band.

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 10:25:54 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 08:28 PM\']"Lollipops & Roses" is the final cut on the original "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" album. 

"Spanish Flea" is the 4th cut featured on their next album, "Going Places". 

I should know, I'm a big fan of the Tijuana Brass as well as The Baja Marimba Band.
[snapback]75800[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd also keep an eye on Collectors Choice Music (www.ccmusic.com).  A few re-releases of old TJB albums have cropped up in the past couple of months, and in many cases, they will go through hell & high water to scrape up an artists' total collection.  

And even though "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" is not yet offered on CD there, it sounds like they are going after it.  I still have my vinyl copy of that album -- Not only are the tracks great, but the gal on the cover is still looking great after all these years :-)

However, There is *another* CD out there where all 3 DG cues are found (Lollipops, Cream & Flea).  That CD being the 1987 release of Classics-Volume 1/Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass, which was part of A&M Records 25th Anniversary Series'.  You still may find it in the local music stores, and most likely on Amazon.com in various conditions.  I also have that album (on CD) as well!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:33:54 PM by TimK2003 »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 09:28:53 AM »
And even though "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" is not yet offered on CD there, it sounds like they are going after it. I still have my vinyl copy of that album -- Not only are the tracks great, but the gal on the cover is still looking great after all these years :-)

If any of you are still into vinyl, a couple of those old "Dating Game" tracks are pretty easy to find on "oldies series" 45s.  I've got a couple of those cues on those old singles.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

AH3RD

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 02:48:33 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 08:31 PM\']However, it only contains Whipped Cream, w/no appearance of the others 2 Herb Alpert/TB tunes used on the DG, Spanish Flea and Lollipops & Roses.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
[snapback]75642[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Whipped Cream" is perfect for me. That tune has grown on me.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Feb 24 2005, 02:48 PM\']"Whipped Cream" is perfect for me. ...
[snapback]76051[/snapback]
[/quote]
[Chuck]I wouldn't touch that one with a fork lift.[/Chuck]

Boy, it seems everybody's got their minds in the gutter today!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 04:42:46 PM by GS Warehouse »