Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do any of you have children?  (Read 3687 times)

Matt Ottinger

Do any of you have children?
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:21:01 PM »
That may sound like an odd question, but believe me, there's a reason I'm asking.  I was contacted by the producers of FOX's Trading Spouses (some of you may have gotten the same letter) and they're looking for game-show loving families for an upcoming episode.  My gut instinct is that they might have a hard time filling that particular slot, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask.

If you've got a spouse and at least one school-aged kid, contact me at ottinger@acd.net and I'll see that you get the information.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

rigsby

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:18:50 PM »
Scary thought...what happens when a normal family's husband is replaced by one spouting obscure game show trivia?  You'll find out next on a special 17-minute Trading Spouses, shown in real time!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 05:02:26 PM »
If I had kids, I would want to keep them as far away from Trading Spouses as possible.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:18:03 PM »
I thought Trading Spouses ended its season last week.

[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 05:02 PM\']If I had kids, I would want to keep them as far away from Trading Spouses as possible.
[snapback]75764[/snapback]
[/quote]
Line...of..the day!

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 07:46:57 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 04:18 PM\']Scary thought...what happens when a normal family's husband is replaced by one spouting obscure game show trivia?  You'll find out next on a special 17-minute Trading Spouses, shown in real time!
[snapback]75748[/snapback]
[/quote]

OOhhhh, a new idea for a Fox show.....A family takes on a houseguest that won't leave, and constantly works obscure game show trivia into every conversation...

It's called "Who's Your Zach-y?"

Two drinks. Veal.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 07:52:29 PM »
I say award a cash prize to the family, based on whoever leaves first. If the family bails, they get $25,000...if Zach* leaves first, the family wins $100,000.

*On his own will. Hitting him with a blunt object does not count.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 08:02:17 PM »
This would imply to me that they already have a family that they believe would be the polar opposite of a family that loves game shows. What kind of family would have opinions so opposite a game show-loving family that would make both traded spouses miserable?

--
Scott Robinson

HairMetalLives

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 08:15:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 02:02 PM\']If I had kids, I would want to keep them as far away from Trading Spouses as possible.
[snapback]75764[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'll second that.

calliaume

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 10:42:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 10:21 PM\']If you've got a spouse and at least one school-aged kid, contact me at ottinger@acd.net and I'll see that you get the information.
[snapback]75655[/snapback]
[/quote]
At 17 months, I don't think he's quite school-aged yet (although he does go to "school," most would call it "day care").

For some reason, Karen doesn't seem to appreciate me pointing to the man on TV and saying, "That's Uncle Bill."

CarShark

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 09:16:28 AM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 08:02 PM\']This would imply to me that they already have a family that they believe would be the polar opposite of a family that loves game shows. What kind of family would have opinions so opposite a game show-loving family that would make both traded spouses miserable?

--
Scott Robinson
[snapback]75790[/snapback]
[/quote]
Communists? A hyper-traditional Japanese family? Fred Silverman's clan?

wschmrdr

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »
Wow...... I've always been asked by the networks where my children are. They've finally come to accept that not everyone has children??

This show, without a doubt, will be interesting. I'd think if they get a game-show-hating family, why the heck would they even agree to do a show like this?!