Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy Ultimate Champions  (Read 4710 times)

Alex K

Jeopardy Ultimate Champions
« on: February 25, 2005, 02:36:54 AM »
Just how long is this tournament supposed to last?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 02:44:28 AM »
Fifteen weeks.
Travis L. Eberle

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:54:05 AM »
They are still taping tournament episodes this week.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 10:42:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Alex K\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 02:36 AM\']Just how long is this tournament supposed to last?
[snapback]76121[/snapback]
[/quote]
Forever. Perhaps longer. That's why the show was renewed through 2010. That's how long it'll take for this mother's son to end.

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 11:12:53 AM »
Is it just me or does Alex seem a bit giddy doing these shows?

Maybe he's just looking forward to seeing Ken again.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 11:13:03 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 11:50:49 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 02:54 AM\']They are still taping tournament episodes this week.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]76125[/snapback]
[/quote]

And will be for some time to come, I bet--still seems to me that they're going to tape all of these close to air date.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 11:51:49 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 09:50 AM\']And will be for some time to come, I bet--still seems to me that they're going to tape all of these close to air date.
[snapback]76159[/snapback]
[/quote]
Very smart. The best way to keep a secret is to keep the amount of time it needs to be kept to an absolute minimum.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

goongas

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 12:53:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 11:51 AM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 09:50 AM\']And will be for some time to come, I bet--still seems to me that they're going to tape all of these close to air date.
[snapback]76159[/snapback]
[/quote]
Very smart. The best way to keep a secret is to keep the amount of time it needs to be kept to an absolute minimum.
[snapback]76160[/snapback]
[/quote]

They should be just about done by the first week of March.  Someone I know is taping a normal episode of J! sometime in March.  They may tape the final three shows of the tournament in May to keep the result from leaking out too early.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 01:05:21 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 01:53 PM\']They should be just about done by the first week of March.  Someone I know is taping a normal episode of J! sometime in March.  They may tape the final three shows of the tournament in May to keep the result from leaking out too early.[/quote]
They will definitely not be done by the first week in March.  I know someone who's playing his FIRST round game the first week in March.  

Even if you take the leap that his is one of the last first-round games played, they still would need to tape about 30 more second, third and fourth round games before the finals.  If they're going full tilt, they could get those all in within the month, so if your friend is playing in March, he's playing at the very end of March.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 02:05:27 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

wschmrdr

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »
I have a good feeling that uncamark is right about this one. In fact, I would not be surprised if the finale is taped the day before it airs. (I don't know if that's possible considering the show is syndicated, but maybe. I'm a tad bit uninformed about the time it takes for the shows to get from Columbia-Tristar to the networks that air the show.)

Also, considering this tournament was just advertised a couple months ago at about the time Ken lost, it's understandable that they're still taping the first round episodes. I bet it's because news travels really fast, especially in the computer age of today, that they're keeping the tape schedule really close to air date.

OntarioQuizzer

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 07:08:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 01:05 PM\'][quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 01:53 PM\']They should be just about done by the first week of March.  Someone I know is taping a normal episode of J! sometime in March.  They may tape the final three shows of the tournament in May to keep the result from leaking out too early.[/quote]
They will definitely not be done by the first week in March.  I know someone who's playing his FIRST round game the first week in March.  

Even if you take the leap that his is one of the last first-round games played, they still would need to tape about 30 more second, third and fourth round games before the finals.  If they're going full tilt, they could get those all in within the month, so if your friend is playing in March, he's playing at the very end of March.
[snapback]76171[/snapback]
[/quote]

Matt: Check Ritterskoop's "I Got The Call" Thread on the J! boards.

My guess is that they're taping 1 week of regular shows in amongst the U-ToC shows (Maybe in between Rounds 1 and 2?).

Rounds 3 and 4 are scheduled to tape April 13 and 14.

vtown7

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 10:22:36 PM »
uncamark - I seem to remember that back when I was on Wheel, a friend of mine caught my episode two days ahead as a wild feed on the dish.  So maybe the turnaround is really quick?

Ryan :)

trainman

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 12:57:51 AM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 12:22 PM\']I have a good feeling that uncamark is right about this one. In fact, I would not be surprised if the finale is taped the day before it airs. (I don't know if that's possible considering the show is syndicated, but maybe. I'm a tad bit uninformed about the time it takes for the shows to get from Columbia-Tristar to the networks that air the show.)
[snapback]76191[/snapback]
[/quote]

Columbia-Tristar is a name from the past; it's now Sony Pictures Television.

At the very least, they feed each episode over the satellite two weekdays before it airs, which is fairly standard for daily syndicated shows.  There's no real reason they couldn't feed the episodes closer to the air date, but changing the schedule increases the chances that some master control operator somewhere is going to air the wrong show, or something like that.
trainman is a man of trains

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 01:04:02 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' date=\'Feb 26 2005, 01:57 AM\']At the very least, they feed each episode over the satellite two weekdays before it airs, which is fairly standard for daily syndicated shows.  There's no real reason they couldn't feed the episodes closer to the air date, but changing the schedule increases the chances that some master control operator somewhere is going to air the wrong show, or something like that.[/quote]
The obvious example of what they could theoretically do is the same-day feed of shows like Entertainment Tonight and The Insider (mmm, Pat O'Brien's dreamy...)  So if push really, really came to shove, I imagine they could tape as late as the day before and then send it to their affiliates the same day it airs.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 01:17:30 AM »

Hey, it worked for the initial installments of WWtBaM, along w/both of last yr's Super Millionaire series. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")