Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: KYW Weather Forecaster's Past On Display  (Read 3450 times)

davemackey

KYW Weather Forecaster's Past On Display
« on: March 01, 2005, 08:10:44 AM »
Another before-they-were-stars type discovery...

A report last night on KYW-TV Philadelphia's Eyewitness News reveals that their head meteorologist, Kathy Orr, was a contestant on the old MTV game show "Remote Control". And they had the clips to prove it.

Unfortunately I didn't see it, but KYW may rerun the report in its Noon newscast today, provided the storm coverage doesn't get in the way.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 08:39:53 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 08:10 AM\']Another before-they-were-stars type discovery...

A report last night on KYW-TV Philadelphia's Eyewitness News reveals that their head meteorologist, Kathy Orr, was a contestant on the old MTV game show "Remote Control". And they had the clips to prove it.

Unfortunately I didn't see it, but KYW may rerun the report in its Noon newscast today, provided the storm coverage doesn't get in the way.
[snapback]76582[/snapback]
[/quote]

I caught a promo for the clips during TPIR yesterday, and it seems as though she lost on RC.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 10:38:01 AM »
That's really cool.

You know, go to kyw.com, go to the video player that they have there.  Sooner or later, they might post that clip of that along with the current news, sports and weather clips they have concurrently.

(Just make sure you have Internet Explorer and Real Player installed.)
-Sanford