Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another "Game Show Special"...  (Read 3297 times)

TimK2003

Another "Game Show Special"...
« on: March 01, 2005, 07:47:28 PM »
While channel surfing earlier tonight, I came across an interesting game show special.

The show was called "Game Show Millionaires" and was airing on the TV Guide Channel.  Unfortunately I caught the last 15 minutes or so.  But the premise of the show was almost a "whatever happened to..." retrospective on modern day game show contestants who won big on recent game shows, from "Twenty-One" to "Millionaire" to "Jeopardy".

Among some of those who appeared on the special: Ken Jennings, David Legler & Kevin Olmstead.

Since it aired on the TV Guide channel, it should be on every so often -- no so much this week because of all the Joan Rivers Oscar show reruns, but check your local TV Guide Channel for repeat airings, as it might be worth taping.

tvrandywest

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 08:16:43 PM »
That half-hour was produced by the original programming VP from GSN, Bob Boden, with Laura Chambers, former GSN morning show host and the queen of the contestant coordinators. Good stuff. It's been running for over a month.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 08:16 PM\']That half-hour was produced by the original programming VP from GSN, Bob Boden, with Laura Chambers, former GSN morning show host and the queen of the contestant coordinators. Good stuff. It's been running for over a month.
[snapback]76651[/snapback]
[/quote]

Even if it was saddled with lackluster narration from "Idol" loser Kimberly Caldwell, who'd probably love to have a Kelly Clarkson voodoo doll.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 08:23:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 04:03 PM\']Even if it was saddled with lackluster narration from "Idol" loser Kimberly Caldwell, who'd probably love to have a Kelly Clarkson voodoo doll.
[snapback]76753[/snapback]
[/quote]
That wouldn't do much good.  Kimberly is still a little flat.  (I mean her singing voice is flat, you perverts!)

Tony

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 08:56:53 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 04:03 PM\']Even if it was saddled with lackluster narration from "Idol" loser Kimberly Caldwell, who'd probably love to have a Kelly Clarkson voodoo doll.
[/quote]
I would think that said voodoo doll would be a Clay Aiken one, since Kimberly and Clay competed in the same season (the second).

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 12:13:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 08:56 PM\']I would think that said voodoo doll would be a Clay Aiken one, since Kimberly and Clay competed in the same season (the second).
[snapback]76790[/snapback]
[/quote]
For that matter, make it a Kimberley Locke doll, because with Ruben and Clay in the competition, third place was the best the Kims could ask for.

ObGS: Ryan Seacrest voodoo doll, anyone? :-D

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 11:43:54 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 10:13 PM\']ObGS: Ryan Seacrest voodoo doll, anyone? :-D
[/quote]
Just be careful where you shove those pins....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe