Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best and worst sketch comedy parodies...  (Read 15449 times)

rigsby

Best and worst sketch comedy parodies...
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2005, 03:50:10 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 12:30 PM\']While I'm thinking of it, two from Animaniacs:

1. The Warners play "Quiz Me Quick!" but lose the big prize when Wakko deciphers the rebus as "Isaac Netwweight."
(Of course, the three also played Jeopardy in the classroom where Yakko sings all 50 state capitals, but is DQ'd for not answering in the form of a question).
[/quote]

Slight nitpick:  That was also Wakko, responding to a Daily Double.  Best quote:  "I'll blow the wad!"

I also enjoyed their parody of "You Bet Your Life" (forgot the title) where Yakko announces, "Say the secret word and my brother Wakko will hit you on the head with a mallet!"

Mr. Lemon, as long as you are distributing large media files, my gmail username is the same as my username here... :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2005, 03:58:39 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 01:50 PM\']Mr. Lemon, as long as you are distributing large media files, my gmail username is the same as my username here... :)
[snapback]77012[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I was gonna send out ONE in order to help someone fill an incomplete set. I was just waiting for someone to ask for the whole schmiel and prove to me that it was a bad idea.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mclemore63

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 06:35:32 PM »
[quote name=\'mclemore63\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 06:32 PM\'][quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 12:01 AM\'][quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 07:29 PM\']One of MadTV's PiR parodies with all sexual inuendo's was great.  "Welcome to contestants row, Anita Long Hairy... " well you get the point. 

I also like "Clara Turly's Bible Challenge"  There is just a short clip of it on the SNL special but it has Norm McDonald and 2 church geniuses.  The host (a soft spoken lady) would read a question, then state the answer.  She then asked each contestant if they knew that.  Both the church geniuses said "no" and Norm just rang a bell (he was smoking and eating a Big Mac) and with food in his mouth "Yeah i knew that" and he stays the big winner.
[snapback]76808[/snapback]
[/quote]
The character Norm did in "Bible Challenge" was Stan Hooper, who would be the basis of his short-lived Fox comedy "A Minute with Stan Hooper."

But one good PIR parody was SNL's "Sabra Price is Right" from 1992 with Tom Hanks (it was probably the only TPIR skit SNL has done). It was much funnier than the MadTV one.

Jonathan Allen
[snapback]76818[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quentin Tarentito played one of the experts on "Bible Challenge". And that "Sabra TPIR" bit ...deesko,Deesko!

I remember the East German HS spoof,"Die Squaren Ost Berlin", where half the celebs were didn't appear ("Ziggy has defected") and Billy Joel as a glockenspiel player.

Worst sketch ever?"Where In The World IS San Diego California?"

Travis D. McLemore,Jr.
"I think I'm in a deli...I'm on a roll!"
Mr. Baggy Pants,"Remote Control"
[snapback]76899[/snapback]
[/quote]

Whoops,meant to say Quentin Tarentino.
I also remember two "Dating Game" spoofs:

a "Sprockets" segment called "Love Werks" in which Jason Priestly play the bachelor who had to choose between a nurse,a Lego factory worker/dominartrix,Susan the she-male,and his mother("MOTHER!!!").Jason ends up choosing Susan and upon meeting says,"He/she is repulsive!"

"Bensonhurst Dating Game" hosted by Joe Pesci in which the bachlorette chooses the black guy (Chris Rock) over two Italians.

Travis D. McLemore,Jr.

ChuckNet

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2005, 07:50:25 PM »
SNL's Dysfunctional Family Feud was pretty good...enjoyed Dana Carvey's performance as Ray Combs, and the fact that it used the actual FF music/sound FX were a nice touch, at least from a GS fan perspective.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

tvwxman

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2005, 09:04:13 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 07:50 PM\']SNL's Dysfunctional Family Feud was pretty good...enjoyed Dana Carvey's performance as Ray Combs, and the fact that it used the actual FF music/sound FX were a nice touch, at least from a GS fan perspective.

[snapback]77032[/snapback]
[/quote]

Name something that's in your closet?

A Gun. A Loaded Gun.

Classic.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

johnnya2k3

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 11:26:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 06:04 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 07:50 PM\']SNL's Dysfunctional Family Feud was pretty good...enjoyed Dana Carvey's performance as Ray Combs, and the fact that it used the actual FF music/sound FX were a nice touch, at least from a GS fan perspective.

[snapback]77032[/snapback]
[/quote]

Name something that's in your closet?

A Gun. A Loaded Gun.

Classic.
[snapback]77040[/snapback]
[/quote]
Um...what about that other Family Feud bit from that era -- Baldwins vs. Fitzgeralds -- with Phil Hartman as Ray Combs? Too bad both would die within two years of each other: Combs by suicide in '96, Hartman by his wife in a nasty tiff before she later pulled the trigger on herself in '98. The transcript is here, but the Baldwins provided meaningless Hollywood answers.

Jonathan Allen
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:32:48 AM by johnnya2k3 »

ITSBRY

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2005, 02:07:08 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 02:17 PM\']An obscure summer replacement series called She TV had a little sketch called Brain Dead Concentration. The two contestants kept calling "seven and twenty-three" even though they didn't match.

Saturday Night Live's Best of Game Show Parodies tape contains edited versions of Food, Sex, or Cars, Stand Up and Win, Jackpot Wad, Jeopardy!:1999  among others. I posted a roster about three or four months ago.
[snapback]76739[/snapback]
[/quote]

Stand up and win! is one of my favorites.

"WHO are the ad wizards that came up with THAT one?"

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

ITSBRY

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2005, 02:10:58 PM »
But one good PIR parody was SNL's "Sabra Price is Right" from 1992 with Tom Hanks (it was probably the only TPIR skit SNL has done). It was much funnier than the MadTV one.
[snapback]76818[/snapback]

That was some funny stuff! "What? Is very expehenseeve...has Sony guts."

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 02:12:19 PM by ITSBRY »

davemackey

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2005, 01:06:25 AM »
Four words:

"Sabra Price Is Right."

Funny stuff.

BrandonFG

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2005, 03:38:50 AM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Mar 5 2005, 02:07 PM\']Stand up and win! is one of my favorites.

"WHO are the ad wizards that came up with THAT one?"
[snapback]77104[/snapback]
[/quote]

"If the black box is the only thing that survives the crash, then why don't they just make the plane out of the black box?!"

Classic.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2005, 09:58:44 PM »
Pardon the revival of a long-ago thread, but reading some other recent entries reminded me of something that has recently surfaced that goes WAY back...next time you're knocking around the dollar stores, look for a DVD with a 1950s Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis-hosted Colgate Comedy Hour that contains a sketch called "The 64 Million Dollar Question". Dean as host "Hal April" and Jerry as a dorky Western Union boy who manages to work his way up the jackpot ladder are fun to watch. The show must have been done just after a major flare-up between the two, as a few cracks about their feud pop up. It's a funny sendup of a show that was red hot back then, and time hasn't necessarily dulled the jokes.