Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Question  (Read 6092 times)

trivia202003

TPIR Question
« on: March 03, 2005, 03:08:51 PM »
Is it just me or has "Bonus Game" is starting to play regularly.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
TPIR Question
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 04:51:32 PM »
[quote name=\'trivia202003\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 03:08 PM\']Is it just me or has "Bonus Game" is starting to play regularly.
[snapback]76873[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's just you.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
TPIR Question
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 05:03:21 PM »
[quote name=\'trivia202003\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 03:08 PM\']Is it just me or has "Bonus Game" is starting to play regularly.[/quote]
If Bonus Game isn't regular, give it some bran muffins.  That'll fix any regularity issues.

catkins522

TPIR Question
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 05:25:51 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 05:03 PM\'][quote name=\'trivia202003\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 03:08 PM\']Is it just me or has "Bonus Game" is starting to play regularly.[/quote]
If Bonus Game isn't regular, give it some bran muffins.  That'll fix any regularity issues.
[snapback]76887[/snapback]
[/quote]

or Fiber Choice if it's fiber intolerant...

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

wschmrdr

TPIR Question
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 06:32:31 PM »
It may be just my luck in when I watch the program, but I do see Bonus Game played a lot. It's obviously not a time-saver game like Switch or Double Prices.

I think what they're probably doing is taking the classic CLASSIC games and putting one into a regular rotation for each month. This fiscal month being Bonus Game. Last month, easily, was Any Number. Maybe next month it'll be the Grocery Game.

davewalls

TPIR Question
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 08:27:45 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 06:32 PM\']Maybe next month it'll be the Grocery Game.
[snapback]76898[/snapback]
[/quote]

Umm...just saw that yesterday.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

sshuffield70

TPIR Question
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 08:29:20 PM »
Well, it seems they've pulled "Joker" out of virtual mothballs.  I've seen it played 3 times in recent months.

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR Question
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 10:26:19 PM »
I realize that the original question was phrased very, very badly...but Bonus Game actually has been getting played more often lately than it has in ages.  In the last five weeks, it's appeared four times; it's usually lucky to show up that many times in six months.

Joker, on the other hand, is not doing anything significantly unusual.  It's been played three times this season, one of which was back in October.  It wasn't really due last week, but it's way too early to say that it's deserted the mothballs.

CarShark

TPIR Question
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 08:06:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 10:26 PM\']I realize that the original question was phrased very, very badly...but Bonus Game actually has been getting played more often lately than it has in ages.  In the last five weeks, it's appeared four times; it's usually lucky to show up that many times in six months.
[snapback]76932[/snapback]
[/quote]What's strange to me is that this mini-boost in play didn't come at the expense of the two usual SP game mainstays, Cliff Hangers (played 3 times in 4 weeks) and Secret "X" (twice in 4 weeks). Of course, the SP/CAR games aren't faring as well (Sorry, Pathfinder!). All the SP games seem to be getting their fair share...except Shell Game.

I have never understood the point of having all of these games that they only trot out every two or three months. It seems to me that Joker, Bonus, and Shell are fighting for the same slot (not-fast-or-popular SP game). Why don't they just retire two of them and let one of them have a normal playing schedule? I mean, will anybody seriously miss Joker if it's never played again?

(snaps fingers)
Maybe this sudden surge in play has to do with On the Spot being in the shop...getting...less ugly, I believe. Huh. Why are so many games in the shop? There's also Penny Ante, Time is Money, and Magic #.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
TPIR Question
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 08:25:59 AM »
I'm surprised that trivia hasn't opened his ignore list yet. Maybe he's turning over a new leaf?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR Question
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 09:04:08 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 08:06 AM\']Maybe this sudden surge in play has to do with On the Spot being in the shop...getting...less ugly, I believe. Huh. Why are so many games in the shop? There's also Penny Ante, Time is Money, and Magic #.
[snapback]76976[/snapback]
[/quote]

Couple of things here:

1.  Magic # is not broken.  They've just slowed down its play frequency.

2.  On the Spot is going to be "in the shop" for a long, looooooooooong time.

Terry K

TPIR Question
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 09:04 PM\']

2.  On the Spot is going to be "in the shop" for a long, looooooooooong time.
[snapback]77039[/snapback]
[/quote]

So its in the shop with Bullseye I, Fortune Hunter, and let us not forget Its Optional?

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR Question
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 11:58:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 10:26 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 4 2005, 09:04 PM\']

2.  On the Spot is going to be "in the shop" for a long, looooooooooong time.
[snapback]77039[/snapback]
[/quote]

So its in the shop with Bullseye I, Fortune Hunter, and let us not forget Its Optional?
[snapback]77050[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's not officially retired at this point...but yes, that's my understanding of the situation.

uncamark

TPIR Question
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 06:09:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 10:26 PM\']I realize that the original question was phrased very, very badly...but Bonus Game actually has been getting played more often lately than it has in ages.  In the last five weeks, it's appeared four times; it's usually lucky to show up that many times in six months.

Joker, on the other hand, is not doing anything significantly unusual.  It's been played three times this season, one of which was back in October.  It wasn't really due last week, but it's way too early to say that it's deserted the mothballs.
[/quote]

And isn't Joker the designated "small game board is broken and we can't fix in time, so let's put this one in" game?

zachhoran

TPIR Question
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 07:06:51 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 06:09 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 10:26 PM\']I realize that the original question was phrased very, very badly...but Bonus Game actually has been getting played more often lately than it has in ages.  In the last five weeks, it's appeared four times; it's usually lucky to show up that many times in six months.

Joker, on the other hand, is not doing anything significantly unusual.  It's been played three times this season, one of which was back in October.  It wasn't really due last week, but it's way too early to say that it's deserted the mothballs.
[/quote]

And isn't Joker the designated "small game board is broken and we can't fix in time, so let's put this one in" game?
[snapback]77368[/snapback]
[/quote]

Joker OR SHell Game could fit that category, as there's nothing electronic about either game. It was reported IIRC Joker is the designated game for that