Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Cues  (Read 5895 times)

uncamark

TPIR Cues
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 05:19:10 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 01:13 PM\'][
This week on Oprah's post-Oscar show, they used the 60's version of the Truth Or Consenquences theme over a piece on how long it took to set up on Oscar night.

They used that same piece (Stop Gap) as a bed for a hotel plug on some major awards show in the mid-90s.

[
[snapback]77197[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Ren & Stimpy" used that music frequently, including the "Stimpy goes to Hollywood" pilot episode.  COM also used it for promos for their Friday night standup block some years ago.

The music for Easy As 1-2-3 is a piece taken from a popular production library

Shortly after Easy as 1-2-3 started using said piece (originally, there was no music when the contestant placed the blocks), it turned up - coincidentally - in a commercial for a "not sold in any store" automatic sorting coin bank called Easy Money.

And that cue is currently being used on Black Family Channel's "Thousand Dollar Bee," which I have cited previously in this forum as perhaps the worst-produced game show in the history of mankind.

BrandonFG

TPIR Cues
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 05:35:34 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 05:19 PM\']And that cue is currently being used on Black Family Channel's "Thousand Dollar Bee," which I have cited previously in this forum as perhaps the worst-produced game show in the history of mankind.
[snapback]77356[/snapback]
[/quote]

(getting off on a slight tangent)

Not surprised. I think BFC (formerly MBC) has had some financial issues for quite some time now. They used to show several black college football and basketball games, including some big-name basketball tournaments (MEAC/SWAC/CIAA), and even in the MBC days, the programming was low-budget...I think the biggest thing they could claim was reruns of "Roc." TVOne has since become a viable alternative for black entertainment, other than BET.

One good thing that came out of the sports losses: D2 CIAA had it's tournament televised on ESPN Classic last week, which is a huge jump, esp. for exposure.

Now to get this back on topic...ObGameShow: ESPN Classic used to show Sports Challenge.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!