Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark  (Read 5798 times)

alfonzos

Dick Clark
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 03:40:16 PM »
Saturday's Los Angeles Times: "...Dick Clark continues to recuperate at his Malibu home and doctors are pleased with his progress...'He is continuing rehabilitation. He is walking and talking - not to the extent that we would like to see it, but he's progressing'..."
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

dizzy

Dick Clark
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
Well progression is a great thing. Unfortunately the rest of us have nothing to compare his progress to. So this basicly means that when Dick makes his first public appearance, we will probably all be in for a shock. I say that we should expect the absolute worst and just be happy if it's not quite as bad.

dizzy

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Dick Clark
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 09:15:39 PM »
when Dick makes his first public appearance, we will probably all be in for a shock. I say that we should expect the absolute worst and just be happy if it's not quite as bad.
You're making an assumption here.

sshuffield70

Dick Clark
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2005, 10:39:20 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 08:15 PM\']
when Dick makes his first public appearance, we will probably all be in for a shock. I say that we should expect the absolute worst and just be happy if it's not quite as bad.
[snapback]77236[/snapback]
[/quote]

Chris, don't you mean "Your making an ASSumption"?

SplitSecond

Dick Clark
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 12:15:42 AM »
As Chris alluded to, if you're looking for Dick to be a guest in your living room from now on, you're almost surely going to have to pop in your Pyramid tapes and enjoy Mr. Clark the way you're going to want to remember him.  

From what I've heard from reliable sources, it's possible he will recover well enough to be able to continue the business affairs of his production company, but it's highly unlikely that he will be a public figure again.

dizzy

Dick Clark
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 01:59:16 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 09:15 PM\']
[snapback]77236[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes I am. Judging by the huge wall that has been put up around Mr.Clark, I feel that it may be a safe assumption to make. I could be totally wrong and I hope that I am. All we can do is hope for the best.

dizzy

uncamark

Dick Clark
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 05:43:35 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 5 2005, 01:54 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 5 2005, 04:39 AM\']Of course, this is like asking me if I'd like to sit down at dinner to a big bowl of whale snot, or a nice steaming plate of rhinoceros colon.
[snapback]77066[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks a lot, Lemon.  You just spoiled Monday's Fear Factor!
[snapback]77102[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was going to say that that restaurant sounded like it was owned by Joe Rogan...

Robert Hutchinson

Dick Clark
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 10:43:32 PM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 01:59 AM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 09:15 PM\']
[/quote]
Yes I am. Judging by the huge wall that has been put up around Mr.Clark, I feel that it may be a safe assumption to make. I could be totally wrong and I hope that I am. All we can do is hope for the best. [/quote]

I'm going to explain this one, since it took me a few seconds to notice--the assumption you're making is that Dick Clark will make a public appearance at all.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Desperado

Dick Clark
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 11:21:39 PM »
Oh, I suspect Clark will eventually make a highly edited appearance on Dateline, 20/20, or one of those shows.  I'd say Larry King, but I don't know if he'd be up for a live appearance.