Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Creating The Ultimate Game Show....  (Read 5930 times)

DrJWJustice

Creating The Ultimate Game Show....
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 02:19:11 AM »
[quote name=\'CarbonCpy\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 11:52 PM\']"Punch the Stupid"

Host: Geoff Edwards
Anncr:  Randy West.
Card Girl:  I dunno... Elisha Cuthburt isn't doing anything these days, is she?

Two teams, contestants vs. idiots.  Geoff will announce the category, then ask the panel of idiots a question to generate conversation.  The contestants will simply stand ready to buzz in as soon as one of the idiots says something really, really stupid.  If a contestant buzzes in at the right time, that contestant will walk across the stage to the idiot and deck 'em.  If a contestant manages to knock any idiot unconcious, they win.  The idiots win if they manage to make the contestants all break down and start crying.

Allow me to illustrate a sample round:
Geoff:   "Panel, the topic is 'game shows.'  Game shows have been a staple of American television for many years, and although they've fallen a little out of vouge in the past few years, new show ideas are always being developed.  What would you like to see in a game show?

Idiot #1:  "Sixteen contestants (divided into four teams; red, yellow, blue & green) play for a week. Each team would have two gentlemen & two ladies (fair & equal like Heatter-Quigley did). Contestants would wear turtleneack jackets of their color ala 'Supermarket Sweep.'

Let's not forget, just like on the Mama's Family sketch of 'The Carol Burnett Show,' if someone gets sent back home, Vicki would ring her little bell & say 'Sorry!'"

Contestant #2 buzzes in, mouth agape: "....."

Geoff:  "Yeah, sure, whatever.  We'll take that."

This show would be unique in that it would be the only show in the history of television where theme weeks of contestants vs. celebrities (Like, say, Carrot Top, Paris Hilton, and Uwe Boll) would bring in the ratings.  Of course, it would go without saying that the home game would be a damn goldmine.  You heard me right, folks: A mine full of gold, guaranteed!
[snapback]77554[/snapback]
[/quote]

There's actually been a game done along these general lines (tho not a carbon copy, pun intended) -- Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire, still around here and there on CD-ROM.

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 06:08:15 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 06:35 PM\']It doesn't matter what capacity he's in, you should def have Pat O'Brien on board...I'd watch that man read the LA phone book! :-D
[snapback]77530[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wish he'd do a spread in Cosmo.

GSWitch

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 07:55:02 PM »
[quote name=\'CarbonCpy\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 10:52 PM\']"Punch the Stupid"

Host: Geoff Edwards
Anncr:  Randy West.
Card Girl:  I dunno... Elisha Cuthburt isn't doing anything these days, is she?

Two teams, contestants vs. idiots.  Geoff will announce the category, then ask the panel of idiots a question to generate conversation.  The contestants will simply stand ready to buzz in as soon as one of the idiots says something really, really stupid.  If a contestant buzzes in at the right time, that contestant will walk across the stage to the idiot and deck 'em.  If a contestant manages to knock any idiot unconcious, they win.  The idiots win if they manage to make the contestants all break down and start crying.

Allow me to illustrate a sample round:
Geoff:   "Panel, the topic is 'game shows.'  Game shows have been a staple of American television for many years, and although they've fallen a little out of vouge in the past few years, new show ideas are always being developed.  What would you like to see in a game show?

Idiot #1:  "Sixteen contestants (divided into four teams; red, yellow, blue & green) play for a week. Each team would have two gentlemen & two ladies (fair & equal like Heatter-Quigley did). Contestants would wear turtleneack jackets of their color ala 'Supermarket Sweep.'

Let's not forget, just like on the Mama's Family sketch of 'The Carol Burnett Show,' if someone gets sent back home, Vicki would ring her little bell & say 'Sorry!'"

Contestant #2 buzzes in, mouth agape: "....."

Geoff:  "Yeah, sure, whatever.  We'll take that."

This show would be unique in that it would be the only show in the history of television where theme weeks of contestants vs. celebrities (Like, say, Carrot Top, Paris Hilton, and Uwe Boll) would bring in the ratings.  Of course, it would go without saying that the home game would be a damn goldmine.  You heard me right, folks: A mine full of gold, guaranteed!
[snapback]77554[/snapback]
[/quote]

From this "idiot", there's one thing wrong about this idea.

Replace Geoff Edwards with Jerry Springer!  And that's my "Final Thought" (LOL)!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 08:05:44 PM by GSWitch »

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 08:42:43 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 07:55 PM\']And that's my "Final Thought" (LOL)!
[snapback]77662[/snapback]
[/quote]

You promise?

Oh, and (LOL)!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 05:55 PM\']From this "idiot", there's one thing wrong about this idea.

Replace Geoff Edwards with Jerry Springer!  And that's my "Final Thought" (LOL)!
[/quote]
You're an utter moron.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 09:47:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 07:55 PM\']From this "idiot", there's one thing wrong about this idea.

Replace Geoff Edwards with Jerry Springer!  And that's my "Final Thought" (LOL)!
[/quote]

*Walks across the stage and decks GSWitch*

What do I win, Geoff?

(God, that was too easy.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 09:47:44 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

aaron sica

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 09:46:58 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 07:55 PM\']
From this "idiot", there's one thing wrong about this idea.

[/quote]

Hey, you said it, not us.