Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cheap Alternative for Mushroom Buttons  (Read 3876 times)

Particleman

Cheap Alternative for Mushroom Buttons
« on: March 07, 2005, 11:46:24 AM »
Not too long ago, someone asked where they could find the large mushroom pushbuttons used in so many games shows today.  Breter was pointed out as the company they came from but finding a distributor is difficult and from what I understand, the authentic buttons are pricey.  I've done some research and found something that isn't quite authentic but would work just as well:

Wico Online Catalog p86

Look for the Jumbo Pushbutton.  You can buy one of these for around $10.00 or $8.00 each when they're on sale.  They measure a little larger than the Breter pushbuttons but certainly easier and cheaper to buy and they look easier to mount as well.

I think I mentioned Happs Controls before for a similar product but this one is much cheaper and easier to mount.  Anyway, this may not be very helpful but I thought it was worth pointing out.  I plan on buying a couple for a face-off stand for my Feud game.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Cheap Alternative for Mushroom Buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 04:32:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 09:46 AM\']I think I mentioned Happs Controls before for a similar product but this one is much cheaper and easier to mount.  Anyway, this may not be very helpful but I thought it was worth pointing out.  I plan on buying a couple for a face-off stand for my Feud game.
[snapback]77299[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you are looking for something more authentic, and you do check Happs, they may have a replacement for the Punch-Out "uppercut" button, which was remarkably similar to a game-show buzzer.

Wico's parts generally are cheaper, tho, and that looks like a damn good button. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe