Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question for WoF audition veterans  (Read 2860 times)

Steve McClellan

Question for WoF audition veterans
« on: March 06, 2005, 04:40:11 AM »
I've done some searching and come up with the general formats of the Wheelmobile event and subsequent audition, but would anyone who's been there and done that be so kind as to share any specific questions that are asked on the application form(s), so I can prepare some interesting answers before Saturday's event?

(Yes, I realize getting a chance to show my stuff is a longshot (screeeeeeeeeeeech!), but it's better to be prepared and not get an audition than to get an audition and not be prepared.

Okay, so it's better to get an audition. But you get the idea.)

Many thanks,
Steve

vtown7

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 01:18:18 PM »
Steve: The only one "quirky" question was indeed just something about your most "interesting moment".  And they must look at these - mine ended up being on my bio card that gets talked about on the show.

Of course, that's almost eight years ago, so as always YMMV.

Break a let!

Ryan:)

Steve McClellan

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 05:50:51 PM »
Thanks Ryan,
So everything else is just your standard name, address, occupation, hobbies... that sort of thing?

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 07:34:55 PM »
But do they place as much weight on the written test and or mock game as some of us would like them to :)

vtown7

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 09:38:29 PM »
Hey Steve - email me at fhfactory@lycos.com, we can talk :)

Ryan :)

goongas

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 11:41:47 AM »
When I went last year they asked something to the effect of tell us something interesting about yourself.  Otherwise it was just your standard information.  It was on a small card, so you couldn't really go into any great depth.

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 12:00:39 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 11:41 AM\']When I went last year they asked something to the effect of tell us something interesting about yourself.  Otherwise it was just your standard information.  It was on a small card, so you couldn't really go into any great depth.
[snapback]77298[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are they still looking for contestants like most of us who are able to solve the puzzles with just a few letters showing, as was the case on the written tests they used to use. Do they even still use those kind of written tests in auditions?

DaneFromKansas

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 04:26:21 PM »
Are they still looking for contestants like most of us who are able to solve the puzzles with just a few letters showing, as was the case on the written tests they used to use. Do they even still use those kind of written tests in auditions?
[snapback]77301[/snapback]

I auditioned when the Wheelmobile came through Kansas City a few months back (didn't make it), but they just gave us a card asking for the standard stuff, plus something interesting, followed by some mock games with contestants determined by random draw.  I didn't make it up for a game, so I don't know about what goes on at the final auditions.