Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NYSI Solo Round Question.  (Read 2806 times)

plinkoplus

NYSI Solo Round Question.
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:09:20 AM »
Hello All,

I was wondering during the solo round in both versions of Now You See It, what exactly did the contestants write on.  Could it have been a monitor which the contestants draw on.  

If so, can somebody please tell me where I can find something like this.

I appreciate any info.

Thanks alot.

Sincerely,
plinkoplus

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 03:24:39 AM »
[quote name=\'plinkoplus\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 11:09 PM\']I was wondering during the solo round in both versions of Now You See It, what exactly did the contestants write on.  Could it have been a monitor which the contestants draw on. 
[/quote]
Could have been. In the business they are called "telestrators."
If so, can somebody please tell me where I can find something like this.
http://www.telestrator.com/

Hope yer rich.

(Actually, I dunno if cheaper options exist. A cursory Google search of "light pen usb" gave me an general feeling that a solution might exist in the $400 range.)

You could also prolly achieve what you are looking to with a touchscreen tablet PC.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 11:46:06 AM »
By any chance, Chris L., have you read Terry O'Neil's The Game Behind The Game?  There's a pretty good story about O'Neil, as head of CBS Sports at the time, first utilized the "CBS Chalkboard" (which we now commonly refer to as the telestrator).

He does gush a little much over John Madden and rips into Brent Musberger, but it's a really good read (and gettable via Amazon.com here)

Doug
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:47:21 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 02:45:55 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 09:46 AM\']By any chance, Chris L., have you read Terry O'Neil's The Game Behind The Game?  There's a pretty good story about O'Neil, as head of CBS Sports at the time, first utilized the "CBS Chalkboard" (which we now commonly refer to as the telestrator).
[/quote]
I have not, but you are not the first person to have told me about it, and so I have added it to my Wish List. Thanks for the recommendation! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 06:01:48 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 8 2005, 11:46 AM\']By any chance, Chris L., have you read Terry O'Neil's The Game Behind The Game?  There's a pretty good story about O'Neil, as head of CBS Sports at the time, first utilized the "CBS Chalkboard" (which we now commonly refer to as the telestrator).
He does gush a little much over John Madden and rips into Brent Musberger, but it's a really good read (and gettable via Amazon.com here)
[snapback]77466[/snapback]
[/quote]
Based on this tip, I purchased it this morning from Amazon for a penny plus shipping.....just over three bucks altogether.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 10:56:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 05:01 AM\']Based on this tip, I purchased it this morning from Amazon for a penny plus shipping.....just over three bucks altogether.
[snapback]77560[/snapback]
[/quote]
Cool.  Let me know how you like it.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)