Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Favorites you really don't like  (Read 6691 times)

trivia202003

Game Show Favorites you really don't like
« on: March 09, 2005, 03:51:15 PM »
What classic game show favorite don't you really like?

Ex. The Price is Right, Bullseye, Chain Reaction, Press Your Luck

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »
Here's one that I'm expecting to be lynched for....

Whew.

Not necessarily bad, just very overrated.

Let the insults commence!
insert signature here

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 04:12:12 PM »
Perry Card Sharks...a little overrated IMO. It was OK, but I enjoyed the Eubanks version more. Maybe it's b/c I grew up on that version.

I expect to be stoned for that. :-)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 04:13:01 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dzinkin

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 04:19:46 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 04:12 PM\']Perry Card Sharks...a little overrated IMO. It was OK, but I enjoyed the Eubanks version more. Maybe it's b/c I grew up on that version.

[snapback]77607[/snapback]
[/quote]
Some would say you liked Eubanks CS because you were stoned, not the other way around. :-)

trivia202003

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 04:26:05 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 04:19 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 04:12 PM\']Perry Card Sharks...a little overrated IMO. It was OK, but I enjoyed the Eubanks version more. Maybe it's b/c I grew up on that version.

[snapback]77607[/snapback]
[/quote]
Some would say you liked Eubanks CS because you were stoned, not the other way around. :-)
[snapback]77608[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good One dzinkin!!

HairMetalLives

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 04:27:45 PM »
"Match Game." I don't dislike the show, but it's not one of my all time favorites, either. Ditto with Dawson "Family Feud," although I'd much rather watch the Dawson version over the Anderson or Karn versions.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 02:03 PM\']Here's one that I'm expecting to be lynched for....
Whew.
Not necessarily bad, just very overrated.
Let the insults commence!
[snapback]77606[/snapback]
[/quote]
No insults, just one question: How many episodes have you seen?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 04:35:19 PM »
Lynch me for this, but I wasn't a big Combs FEUD fan.  I know Combs did warm-up for Carson, but when I saw him in front of the camera doing a stand-up spot I wasn't overwhelmed.  Then when he got the FEUD gig nothing really changed my mind about him.  There were moments, of course, but I always preferred Dawson's version.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 04:41:27 PM »
[quote name=\'trivia202003\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 04:26 PM\']Good One dzinkin!!
[snapback]77609[/snapback]
[/quote]

I concur...he got me. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »
For me, familiarity breeds contempt, so I'm not a big fan of the current incarnations of WOF or Feud (or as it is better known on the internet, Fued), though in the case of WOF, I'm clearly in the minority.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 05:18:22 PM »
Brandon may get stoned, but I'll get bouldered for this one:
I've Got A Secret.
And yet I can't enough of What's My Line?, To Tell The Truth and The Name's The Same.

TimK2003

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 05:52:48 PM »
My list is as follows:

*   The B&E Q&A shows Joker's Wild (syndicated years), Bullseye & Tic Tac Dough.  

Why? Because now that I watch them as an adult, I realize that 98% of those questions they asked are about as difficult, if not easier than most High School proficiency tests today.  I was intrigued by those shows when they first aired because I was not yet a high school alumnus, thus the questions were challenging & on par with my schooling at the time. Now, when I look back at tapes and see a contestant mistake Hawaii for Nebraska in the Maps of States *visual* category, I realize how lazy the contestant coordinators were in finding good players.

When TJW first appeared on CBS, and I saw those rare eps. on GSN, those were game show quality questions, and that difficulty threshold should have stayed!

*  Match Game '7X -- In the years of the blue set & the Star Wheel.

Why?  Because that's when they started the era of heavy editing during the writing of the answers.  I enjoy the banter during the WANK music -- and that, IMHO, is why MG got such a loyal following.   Plus, it didn't give the play-at-home people much of a chance to come up with an answer or even to compare answers with other players in the room.  

Yes, I know that a lot of that was necessary -- especially in the nighttime shows to get all of the game(s) in, but I still never liked the feeling that *all 6 celebs* could come up with,  write out, and insert their answers into their slots in under 3 seconds.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 05:57:47 PM by TimK2003 »

Desperado

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »
I honestly never really cared for any of the black-&-white panel shows.  To me, they're dull and outdated.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 06:16:06 PM »
I didn't care at all for Hollywood Squares with Peter Marshall.
I even preferred Break the Bank & Battlestars over it.

:casually sneaks away:

--Jamie
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 06:20:38 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

bulldog_06

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 07:19:14 PM »
Okay, guys kill me. I didn't really like The Gong Show (Barris version), because I kinda like the Don Bleu version.