Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Favorites you really don't like  (Read 6690 times)

Rastaub

Game Show Favorites you really don't like
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 07:37:38 PM »
I will probably get hammered for this one, but I have never personally really liked LMAD.  I really never cared for Monty Hall for some reason.  In fact when GSN  aired  LMAD  when they first acquired it, I actually watched a few of the Geoff Edwards hosted episodes, but found myself totally bored with Monty.

I also was never really too fond of Match Game, although I could tolerate it considerably more than LMAD.

ChuckNet

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 08:03:51 PM »
I will probably get hammered for this one, but I have never personally really liked LMAD. I really never cared for Monty Hall for some reason. In fact when GSN aired LMAD when they first acquired it, I actually watched a few of the Geoff Edwards hosted episodes, but found myself totally bored with Monty.

Shall we get someone to poke you if/when that LMaD '80 ep makes another appearance at this yr's GSC? :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 08:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 04:28 PM\'][quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 02:03 PM\']Here's one that I'm expecting to be lynched for....
Whew.
Not necessarily bad, just very overrated.
Let the insults commence!
[snapback]77606[/snapback]
[/quote]
No insults, just one question: How many episodes have you seen?
[snapback]77611[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually about 3...And I know I may have enjoyed it more if i originally saw it, BUT...I just feel that the show is a little too cheesy and confusing, even for the 70s.
insert signature here

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 08:44:23 PM »
When I was little, I didn't really care for Classic Concentration too much......but that's because I HATED the losing horn. [not the buzzer]
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

WhammyPower

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 08:50:51 PM »
My first memories of Match Game were from MG98.  (That was before I had GSN, obviously.)

calliaume

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 09:03:25 PM »
I've never been a huge Price Is Right fan, but that's mostly because I don't care for Barker.  (Nothing to do with the behind-the-scenes stuff in recent years; I just feel like he treats the contestants as if they're borderline imbeciles -- although many of them become that way when on stage.)

Joker's Wild, as mentioned before, has overly simple questions and is way too dependant on luck.

tyshaun1

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 09:14:56 PM »
Pyramid.

Not that I hate it per se, it's just that I never could get into the main game. However, I do like Password and its incarnations.

Tyshaun

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2005, 09:18:01 PM »
I'll ask my shrink why it was that I loved I've Got A Secret, enjoyed What's My Line, but didn't care that much for To Tell The Truth. I'd watch it, but it just didn't grab me like the others did. High Rollers also was ...ehhhhh. I love playing the original game (Shut The Box), but sitting and watching people play it was another thing...

JayDLewis

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 10:19:24 PM »
I'm with Desperado. Those panel shows are so dreadfully dull...not just the B&W ones either.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

mystery7

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2005, 10:30:47 PM »
I agree with you, Jay and Desperado. I wasn't going to say it, mostly out of respect for the heritage of the shows, but as a man of 30 I'm just not of the right generation to fully appreciate a good quiet panel show. Not at all a knock against the shows, but I need bells and buzzers and lights and colors with my questions and answers since that's what I grew up on. Along that line, I'll usually enjoy a newer version of a show more than the original.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 01:45:35 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 04:03 PM\']Let the insults commence!
[/quote]
If someone insults you for having an opinion; they are close-minded, and should spew that crap on GSN's boards.

I really don't care for Card Sharks, all Barry/Enright shows [except Break the Bank]; watching TJW with Cullen was painful as hell...High Rollers, Now You See It [Narz], and Press Your Luck.

[quote name=\'Don Howard\']Brandon may get stoned, but I'll get bouldered for this one:
I've Got A Secret.[/quote]
I concur--of all the panel shows--this one is my least favorite--Play Your Hunch kept my attention better.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 01:48:35 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Neumms

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2005, 02:55:01 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 09:14 PM\']Pyramid.

Not that I hate it per se, it's just that I never could get into the main game. However, I do like Password and its incarnations.

Tyshaun
[snapback]77679[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't like the main game either--I'm glad someone agrees. But I like the Winners' Circle enough to make up for it. (At least on Dick Clark's version.) Strangely enough, I sort of liked the 20-second version of the main game on Donny's version, although the canned laughter during the category reveals negates any good it did.

The one I couldn't stand that seems to have support around here is "Bullseye." Lousy Barry-Enright endgame, dull host, dull rules, out-of-place set.

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 03:08:07 AM »
The panel shows are growing on me. I actually have fun playing along with What's My Line, and always thought TTTT was cool. At first I thought they were boring, and I think I was pretty surprised that the 50s shows had such innuendo, for what I thought was a more prudish era.

The more I think of it, the less I like Weakest Link. Call it strategy, but the idea of voting off the strongest player always left a sour taste in my mouth. I always thought it was the punk way out (replace "punk" with a slang term for a feline or slang for area of the female anatomy), and thought the strongest link should get immunity.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2005, 05:20:53 AM »
Since B&W panel shows are getting mentioned, I might as well put myself in that boat.  If I want a good B&W game show, give me Password or Beat The Clock or even the original Twenty-One.  You old-timers can keep those B&W panel shows.  Me, I prefer the color variety.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005, 06:43:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 12:55 AM\']I don't like the main game either--I'm glad someone agrees. But I like the Winners' Circle enough to make up for it. (At least on Dick Clark's version.)
[/quote]
I'm now going to admit something insane, especially as someone who considers the Clark Pyramid to be the Greatest Game Show Ever, but through the magic of Tivo, I have sped through many a front game to get to the Winner's Circle.

I LIKE the main game well enough, especially playing it, but there are those busy days when I need to knock out an episode of Pyramid in 10 minutes, and that's how you do it. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe