Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Treasure Hunt Question  (Read 7950 times)

uncamark

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 04:18:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 09:40 AM\']
...due to music clearance issues involving that first-season "audience box reveal" cue.

Wasn't that "Palisades Park"?
[snapback]79253[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was--I thought the problem was over the two Crusaders songs used as bumper cues.

ChuckNet

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 06:44:59 PM »

No, that was the jack-in-the-box reveal cue...I'm referring to the piece that played during the first season when the 10 preselected audience members opened their gift boxes to see if they had a number in it.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jimmy Owen

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 06:46:43 PM »
Chuck Barris is a smart man.  He sold all of his shows to Sony and they can't air them because of a piece of music he himself wrote!  Genius!

Seriously, why couldn't they air the show and cover the offending audio with a promo or some sort of explanation.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 06:53:27 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Passepartout

• Happy Halloween 2021
Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 08:13:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 07:46 PM\']Chuck Barris is a smart man.  He sold all of his shows to Sony and they can't air them because of a piece of music he himself wrote!  Genius!

Seriously, why couldn't they air the show and cover the offending audio with a promo or some sort of explanation.
[snapback]79337[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing myself! My gosh you are indeed a genius!! They air the Newlywed Game of the 1980's and they cut it back to commercials with the announcer reading off the products before the 25-point bonus question?
2021 Happy Halloween

zachhoran

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 08:36:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Passepartout\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 08:13 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 07:46 PM\']Chuck Barris is a smart man.  He sold all of his shows to Sony and they can't air them because of a piece of music he himself wrote!  Genius!

[snapback]79337[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing myself! My gosh you are indeed a genius!! They air the Newlywed Game of the 1980's and they cut it back to commercials with the announcer reading off the products before the 25-point bonus question?
[snapback]79345[/snapback]
[/quote]

They cut out those fee plugs to get an extra commercial break in.

Passepartout

• Happy Halloween 2021
Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 11:11:26 PM »
What was that episode about with Geoff being hypnotized btw?? Just wondering!!
2021 Happy Halloween

mrchips

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 05:50 PM\']Geoff gets hypnotized by a genie (the late Johnny Jacobs, in a rare on camera appearance) and when Geoff goes into a trance, the contestant seen is hitting Geoff in the face with a large bag of money. Definitely one of the weirdest skits on the show.
[snapback]79087[/snapback]
[/quote]
(nods) Hazy memory of watching TH on CBN has Geoff in a hypnosis or daydreaming bit imagining himself bound in a chair while the contestant sorta pelts him with rubber chickens. Another example of skit recycling?

uncamark

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 02:21:18 PM »
[quote name=\'mrchips\' date=\'Mar 25 2005, 12:39 PM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 05:50 PM\']Geoff gets hypnotized by a genie (the late Johnny Jacobs, in a rare on camera appearance) and when Geoff goes into a trance, the contestant seen is hitting Geoff in the face with a large bag of money. Definitely one of the weirdest skits on the show.
[snapback]79087[/snapback]
[/quote]
(nods) Hazy memory of watching TH on CBN has Geoff in a hypnosis or daydreaming bit imagining himself bound in a chair while the contestant sorta pelts him with rubber chickens. Another example of skit recycling?
[snapback]79417[/snapback]
[/quote]

A *lot* of the bits on the 1981 "Treasure Hunt" were recycled from the 70s version.  God knows what they would've down if they'd done a complete 195-ep season or gotten renewed--probably they would've been forced to hire more writers than just Metzger and an (uncredited) Geoff.

(And I suspect that they didn't have a specific bit for every box in the '81 version--that during the commercial break and the contestant isolation, they pulled the curtain around and dropped the props in the box.  However, that would've meant that someone would've seen the jackpot check before Geoff did his peek in the box, and the deal supposedly was that only Mr. Auturi and the S&P guy knew which box had it.)

Passepartout

• Happy Halloween 2021
Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2005, 03:31:41 PM »
Too bad though that GSN doesn't have the money. Or even better yet, doesn't want to deal with it at all!!
2021 Happy Halloween

davemackey

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 09:16:36 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 05:18 PM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 09:40 AM\']
...due to music clearance issues involving that first-season "audience box reveal" cue.

[/quote]

It was--I thought the problem was over the two Crusaders songs used as bumper cues.
[snapback]79314[/snapback]
[/quote]
Didn't they use "Put It Where You Want It" as one of the cues? I think you have to go through IMUS to use that one.

TimK2003

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 09:31:03 AM »
Speaking of 'pies in the face', does anyone else remember later in the 70's run of TH when even some of the models would get hit with pies while modeling off prizes -- usually it was when they would rattle off some of the possible prizes a person could win before they were allowed to pick their box.

I can vaguely remember at least once when one of the models was showing off one of the more expensive cars of the day (a Rolls???), and at the end, she got hit with the pie as well as part of the car.

MikeK

• Martha!
Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 10:53:39 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 09:31 AM\']I can vaguely remember at least once when one of the models was showing off one of the more expensive cars of the day (a Rolls???), and at the end, she got hit with the pie as well as part of the car.[/quote]
She got pied and the car tried running over her?  Anybody got that on tape?  The password is "sarcasm".

I seem to remember that as well, even though I've only seen a few 70s eps.

Ian Wallis

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 03:04:58 PM »

Or even just put additional audio tracks over the said cues, like they did with the "Newlywed Game" reruns from the '70s.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

Treasure Hunt Question
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 09:16 AM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 05:18 PM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 09:40 AM\']

[/quote]

[snapback]79314[/snapback]
[/quote]
Didn't they use "Put It Where You Want It" as one of the cues? I think you have to go through IMUS to use that one.
[snapback]79569[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Put It Where You Want It" was indeed one of the cues.