Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: E-Bay Product List  (Read 6000 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
E-Bay Product List
« on: March 12, 2005, 10:24:14 AM »
Over the years, we've documented some of the real game show stuff that has turned up on eBay. I'm not talkin' rare consumer goods, but props and anything like that. I plan on including this list on my website - so I'll post as much as I can, and any contributors (suggestions, corrections and additions) who can help will be cited on the page. Just reply. Here we go:

Wheel
-WoF Free Spin Disk (both designs)
-WOF prize wedges

-"Figure it Out" words from Billy The Answer Head

-The stamps from Family and Super Sloppy Double Dare that put the logo on the cards

TPIR
-The entire "Professor Price" prop with controls (under some bizarre name like Mr. Peeples)
-Complete set of prize backgrounds from the last color scheme of "Give or Keep"
-A check from "Check Game"
-A set of Barker Dollars from "Balance Game"
-Blank, personalized nametags

Jeopardy
-Big neon letters from the first Trebek J! set
-A monitor from the first Trebek J! set
-Various pieces of the J! "sushi bar" set (set walls, gutted podiums, et al)

-Staff jackets from "Card Sharks," "Fantasy" and more

-Game show prizes (among them a clock from TPiR, a silver service from shopping WoF...)

-Dice from Wink's "High Rollers"

-A pin given to "Sale of the Century" contestants in the early years

-Some sort of coin from the "$100,000 Break the Bank" (vintage GS fans can help explain)

-One of those "Win Lose or Draw" sketches that were sent to a home viewer

And more from you and I when we think of them.

-Jason
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 10:24:33 AM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

MikeK

• Martha!
E-Bay Product List
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 10:24 AM\']Over the years, we've documented some of the real game show stuff that has turned up on eBay. I'm not talkin' rare consumer goods, but props and anything like that. I plan on including this list on my website - so I'll post as much as I can, and any contributors (suggestions, corrections and additions) who can help will be cited on the page. Just reply.[/quote]

I bought a Wheel of Fortune bonus envelopes off of eBay eight years ago.  It was used during the 1994-95 season and the prize was JEWELRY.

Some props from one of Survivor's live season finales were up for auction on eBay several years ago.

This Millionaire prop check just sold for 99 cents on eBay within the past 24 hours.

Would you also include promotional materials for this page?  I'm sure several of us could come up with an interesting list of promotional goods over the years, ranging from photos and slides, to some real off-the-wall stuff like the single-serving coffee pot and pack of coffee which came with a Cram press kit.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
E-Bay Product List
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 11:18:37 AM »
I saw the Doug Davidson TPIR presskit before and it looked pretty busy. Discussing the more interesting press items are fine by me.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TalkingHeadsFan

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »
They had the entire Professor Price prop on eBay?! How much did that go for?

calliaume

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 11:36:56 AM »
Some of us have piles of promo photos - I probably have 60 or more from various shows.  Also an LMaD '90 crew jacket, and a Hollywood Squares/Rhodes paperweight.

I've slowed down on buying that kind of stuff - my kid needs to go to college.

tvwxman

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 11:55:05 AM »
Plenty of Promo photos....mainly Match Game and syndie Concentration. Tickets too..

My biggest ebay purchase was a key used on Hollywood Squares (H2 bonus)...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 11:56:45 AM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

cmjb13

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 12:00:21 PM »
Professor Price never sold. The name was Mr. Wiggles.

In an old ATGS thread, someone e-mailed the seller asking about the authenticity of the item. The spelling is correct.

"This was bought from a prop house auction and it was stated that it came from the price is right.  if you look at the contrl panel it is right for the age of this item. other than that i can't verify that it is from the price is right. shipping is 55.15  thanks"

And don't forget there were the TPIR seat covers not too long ago.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 12:04:28 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

MikeK

• Martha!
E-Bay Product List
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 12:17:06 PM »
Since we're adding press material into the mix, I have about 200 press photos, 10 of which are autographed, over 100 slides, and seven CD-ROMs with press material, photos, and games.

A GSN press kit for Greed included a lime green ceramic piggy bank and a burlap sack with the Greed logo on it.  Inside the sack was a bundle of about 250 Chuck Bucks.  Before anybody asks, no, they were not the Chuck Bucks from Scrabble.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
E-Bay Product List
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 01:31:07 PM »
I have the $1.98 Beauty Show press kit that GSN put out, complete with sash and crown.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 01:31:26 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 01:41:39 PM »
I bought an NBC art card from "Mindreaders." There were several others of similar vintage available, including P+ and Perry CS.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 01:45:19 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Pyramid80

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 02:08:55 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 09:24 AM\']TPIR

-Jason
[snapback]77946[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have 3 of the 9 backgrounds from "Give or Keep".  A buddy of mine bought them and gave me 3 and another of his friends 3.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
E-Bay Product List
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 02:12:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 02:08 PM\']I have 3 of the 9 backgrounds from "Give or Keep".  A buddy of mine bought them and gave me 3 and another of his friends 3.
[/quote]
Unless they had spares; I thought there would only be 6 backgrounds.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 02:49:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 02:08 PM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 09:24 AM\']TPIR

-Jason
[/quote]

I have 3 of the 9 backgrounds from "Give or Keep".  A buddy of mine bought them and gave me 3 and another of his friends 3.
[snapback]77972[/snapback]
[/quote]
Since I have 3 of them, I can attest, I was not given them. I split some of the cost of the winning auction. One of the few things in life I regret.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Pyramid80

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 07:31:10 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 01:49 PM\'][quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 02:08 PM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 09:24 AM\']TPIR

-Jason
[/quote]

[snapback]77972[/snapback]
[/quote]
Since I have 3 of them, I can attest, I was not given them. I split some of the cost of the winning auction. One of the few things in life I regret.
[snapback]77975[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh believe me they weren't given to me either.  I split the auction costs as well.  I still have the cancelled check around here somewhere.

tvwxman

E-Bay Product List
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 10:17:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 07:31 PM\']Oh believe me they weren't given to me either.  I split the auction costs as well.  I still have the cancelled check around here somewhere.
[snapback]77998[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is there a juicy 'someone-got-screwed' story here? Care to share?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"