Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sondheim on [i]Password[/i]  (Read 4696 times)

Clay Zambo

Sondheim on [i]Password[/i]
« on: March 13, 2005, 06:44:54 PM »
According to Playbill, the Museum of Television and Radio is looking for an episode of Password on which Stephen Sondheim and Lee Remick played.  I figure if anyone's got access to the episode, it's someone here.  If you can help, please do.  Sondheim geeks are as rabid a group as GS geeks (and there's some overlap, Mr. Ottinger and this writer included), so there'd be a ridiculous amount of good-karmic gratitude--if nothing more tangible--for any help you could provide.
czambo@mac.com

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 03:28:21 AM »
The show they're looking for is the 12/25/66 episode (the first one after the show returned from it's 15-month CBS primetime hiatus)...  unfortunately, the videotape from that particular program is not known to exist at this time.

But hey, stranger things have turned up after almost 40 years...

He must've been a G-T fan, in any event-- he was also on "Play Your Hunch" and the NBC run of "The Match Game".

-Kevin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 03:30:25 AM by TwoInchQuad »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:56:40 AM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' date=\'Mar 14 2005, 03:28 AM\']...unfortunately, the videotape from that particular program is not known to exist at this time.

But hey, stranger things have turned up after almost 40 years...

He must've been a G-T fan, in any event-- he was also on "Play Your Hunch" and the NBC run of "The Match Game".
[snapback]78120[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure Mr. S. was particularly a G-T fan, but he is known to be a lover of games, and not particularly quizzy ones.  So G-T's shows, particularly before Sondheim's stock as a composer was overwhelmingly high, would have been up his alley.
czambo@mac.com