Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Question  (Read 6709 times)

gsgalaxy82

Pyramid Question
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 11:48:44 PM »
I'm guessing however on the Osmond version, the player didn't give up their Super Six bonuses if they won the 2 WC's, unlike on the earlier versions, correct?

David

zachhoran

Pyramid Question
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 07:57:23 AM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' date=\'Mar 11 2005, 11:48 PM\']I'm guessing however on the Osmond version, the player didn't give up their Super Six bonuses if they won the 2 WC's, unlike on the earlier versions, correct?

David
[snapback]77932[/snapback]
[/quote]

They only gave up the maingame bonuses upon a WC win on the ABC 70s run and the Cullen $25K run(when someone won the $25K). The CBS $10K version allowed the $10K winners to keep their maingame winnings, as it would still keep them under the $25K limit at the time.

GSFan

Pyramid Question
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 03:23:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 10:34 PM\']I know I've said this before, but it's just so wonderfully Stewart that I have to say it again.  I have records from the first season of Cullen's version, and one player not only won $25,000 but also a car in the main game.  The value of the car was subtracted from his $25,000 cash winnings.
[snapback]77813[/snapback]
[/quote]

A question for Matt Ottinger.  As I recall there were three $25,000 winners in the first Cullen season.  The first was Roger Shoop, who won with Anne Meara in the first aired (NYC) episode.  The second was a woman who won with Lucie Arnaz and the third, a man who won with Barbara Feldon.

Who won the car?  The Big 7 wasn't being played at that time.

David
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

zachhoran

Pyramid Question
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 07:26:35 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 03:23 PM\']

A question for Matt Ottinger.  As I recall there were three $25,000 winners in the first Cullen season.  The first was Roger Shoop, who won with Anne Meara in the first aired (NYC) episode.  The second was a woman who won with Lucie Arnaz and the third, a man who won with Barbara Feldon.

Who won the car?  The Big 7 wasn't being played at that time.

[snapback]77979[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wasn't the Big 7 originally played for cash when introduced on the CUllen version($1500 instead of $500 on the daytime version). The econobox was the prize in the last season.

Matt Ottinger

Pyramid Question
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2005, 12:26:37 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' date=\'Mar 12 2005, 04:23 PM\']A question for Matt Ottinger.  As I recall there were three $25,000 winners in the first Cullen season.  The first was Roger Shoop, who won with Anne Meara in the first aired (NYC) episode.  The second was a woman who won with Lucie Arnaz and the third, a man who won with Barbara Feldon.[/quote]
I'm really glad you asked that question, because it got me to find out I don't have what I thought I had!

Looking over the framework of Xanfan's episode list, it now appears that what I have is the FIFTH season overview, which I plan to share with Xanfan, since his list has several holes in it.  My list covers episodes numbered #121 through #150.  I mistakenly assumed it was season one because the numbers all started with "1", but now I'm guessing Bob had a much simpler numbering system, and that these were actually the 121st through the 150th shows taped.  That's thirty shows, and if there were thirty in each of the previous four seasons, then the numbering adds up.

For each episode, I have the guest stars, the full names of the contestants and the prizes each won.   For the record, Cathy Campbell is the name of the only $25,000 winner the entire season (there were eleven $10K winners).  She won with Lynn Redgrave and Tony Randall.  She also won a car, and as I previously mentioned, her listing reads "car absorbed in money".   BTW, if you won $10,000 and a car (or additional money), you kept all prizes in full.

One more thing:  Now that I look at it more closely, Bob's master plan is obvious.  The thirty shows were taped on five different days.  For each taping day, he had three female celebrities and three male celebrities.  Those six stars played a total of six shows, so each star appeared on two shows.   To his credit, no star played more than one tape date, so even though it seemed like Anita Gillette and Anne Meara were in every other episode, they actually played no more than any other celebrity in a given season.  I'm assuming that the tapes got all mixed up before they went out to stations, especially if XanFan's list reflects the NYC airdates.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.