Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Game Show "Where are they now?"  (Read 2415 times)

SamJ93

Another Game Show "Where are they now?"
« on: March 16, 2005, 11:54:23 AM »
This may be Horan-esque minutae, but what the hey...

At the Off-Broadway show "Altar Boyz" which I saw last week (a HILARIOUS musical that I highly recommend to anyone in the NYC area), there is an unseen announcer who acts as the voice of "G.O.D." at various points throughout the show.

So what does this have to do with game shows?  Well...the announcer is none other than Shadoe Stevens, announcer for the Davidson and part of the Bergeron versions of HS.

And now you know...

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

uncamark

Another Game Show "Where are they now?"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:10:18 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Mar 16 2005, 11:54 AM\']This may be Horan-esque minutae, but what the hey...

At the Off-Broadway show "Altar Boyz" which I saw last week (a HILARIOUS musical that I highly recommend to anyone in the NYC area), there is an unseen announcer who acts as the voice of "G.O.D." at various points throughout the show.

So what does this have to do with game shows?  Well...the announcer is none other than Shadoe Stevens, announcer for the Davidson and part of the Bergeron versions of HS.

And now you know...
[snapback]78376[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, I was going to post it--if I had just remembered to do so.

"Altar Boyz" was first done for the New York Musical Theatre Festival last September--does anyone know if Shadoe's recorded services were used then or if this was just for this production?

Shadoe has on his web site a NY Times article about his appearance in the show and other "voices of God" currently in New York theatrical productions.