Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR questions  (Read 6773 times)

passwordplus

TPIR questions
« on: March 17, 2005, 02:49:53 PM »
I've heard that On The Spot is getting refurbished, but when (and if) will it be back?

Are Time and Money and Penny Ante retired? Just curious. Also, when is the next playing of Golden Road scheduled to air?

Thanks in advance(and no, these were not troll questions!)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPIR questions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 06:13:04 PM »
Right now, according to our friends at golden-road.net, "On the Spot," "Time is Money" and "Penny Ante" are all not retired and are "in the shop." However, "Spot" has a very little chance of coming back without a totally upside-down revamp. "Time is Money" is a bit closer to possibility...as a turntable game in the future. It got sent to the shop due to editing required to check the amount of wrong items between turns.

"Penny Ante" just recently got bumped up to an awesome status. It's set to be rebuilt (since the old prop was destroyed in the rain during its brief period in full retirement) after the next new pricing game debuts.

-Jason
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:13:35 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvrandywest

TPIR questions
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 07:09:05 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 03:13 PM\']"Penny Ante" just recently got bumped up to an awesome status. It's set to be rebuilt (since the old prop was destroyed in the rain during its brief period in full retirement) after the next new pricing game debuts.
[snapback]78506[/snapback]
[/quote]
And one brand new game under construction is a winner from the most prolific new creative contributor to the grandaddy of game shows! I'm sure you'll hear more about it as it gets ready to debut!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR questions
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 08:26:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 07:09 PM\']And one brand new game under construction is a winner from the most prolific new creative contributor to the grandaddy of game shows[/quote]
Well, I hope the hype is worth it this time.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

passwordplus

TPIR questions
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 07:09 PM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 03:13 PM\']"Penny Ante" just recently got bumped up to an awesome status. It's set to be rebuilt (since the old prop was destroyed in the rain during its brief period in full retirement) after the next new pricing game debuts.
[snapback]78506[/snapback]
[/quote]
And one brand new game under construction is a winner from the most prolific new creative contributor to the grandaddy of game shows! I'm sure you'll hear more about it as it gets ready to debut!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]78509[/snapback]
[/quote]

Will it be this season or next Randy?

tvrandywest

TPIR questions
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 03:12:23 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Mar 18 2005, 10:08 AM\']Will it be this season or next Randy?
[snapback]78575[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't know. But as it takes some time to build, test, block and rehearse new games... and since the new season starts taping around June... it could easily be for next season. Perhaps even on the season debut!

But again, and I'm never afraid to admit it, I don't know   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TV Favorites

TPIR questions
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 03:43:32 PM »
Over at G-R.net, it was mentioned that it was possible that the game would premiere late in this season, but most likely would premiere early in season 34.

catkins522

TPIR questions
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 09:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 07:09 PM\']And one brand new game under construction is a winner from the most prolific new creative contributor to the grandaddy of game shows! I'm sure you'll hear more about it as it gets ready to debut!
[snapback]78509[/snapback]
[/quote]

Alright, it's the all new Traders Bob Jr.!!!!  ;-)

Charles Atkin
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Robair

TPIR questions
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 05:59:25 AM »
That game, by the way, will be a milestone game...it will be the 100th pricing game created for the show. And it had better be good since two of the last five have gone down in flames with a third needing some bent slugs kicked out of its slot.
--Robair

Gromit

TPIR questions
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 06:45:05 AM »
What's the problem with On the Spot?

I like that game a lot, easy to win (though the contestants always make it hard).

zachhoran

TPIR questions
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 07:49:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Mar 19 2005, 06:45 AM\']What's the problem with On the Spot?

I like that game a lot, easy to win (though the contestants always make it hard).
[snapback]78670[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's a game that actually rewards pricing skills. They occasionally used small prizes that weren't seen in other games to make it more difficult for the people who memorize certain frequently used items and their prices. I had no problem with the game, though the set stuck out a bit, with that On the Spot logo being to the left of the gameboard.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPIR questions
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 09:39:31 AM »
I *gasp* agree with Zach here. The set was okay, the game pretty okay. I just found the whole thing in action pretty awkward on the show.

-Jason

BrandonFG

TPIR questions
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 12:24:20 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 19 2005, 09:39 AM\']I *gasp* agree with Zach here. The set was okay, the game pretty okay. I just found the whole thing in action pretty awkward on the show.
[snapback]78677[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have no memory of seeing the show being played. I read the rulesheet at Brad Francini's TPiR site, and couldn't get a firm grasp of the rules. Seemed very complicated.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPIR questions
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 03:31:52 PM »
It's fairly simple to explain, I thought. Brad's writing sometimes does that I found, so let me try and explain it and see if it's easier. There are six small prizes and three "paths" each consisting of three prices. Upon stepping on a path, the contestant has to guess which prize costs the first price. If they're right, they move to the next price and do the same thing. If they clear all three prices in a path, they win a car.

Two little caveats: the prices repeat across paths, and the prize's prices aren't revealed until you guess it right.

Yeah, sounds confusing...my bad.

-Jason

TunaHead

TPIR questions
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 03:41:31 PM »
There was nothing complicated about it. The game plain, outright sucked! Bente's pastel barffest made yet another appearance, and then again with (IMHO an Eh game) Half Off, among the rest of the pastel pukechunks around the studio... Then you had the prices on the boardall screwed up half the time, making for at least 1 technical win, and then, a few other times, some prizes not appearing on the slotting. The game was just boring, to say the least.

Now as for this new game, it was originally slated for late this season, following Half Off's premiere, and I don't ever recall anyone who had a definite word of saying that it would probably be next season... But I could be wrong.

As for the return of Penny Ante, it is on hold til after the MDS's tape, and is second in line to the new game, as it stands right now. As for OTS and TiM, who knows. TiM will probably reappear as a turntable game, and OTS is well, currently slated for the crapper.