Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "People's Court" as a game show?  (Read 5436 times)

thgames65

"People's Court" as a game show?
« on: March 17, 2005, 06:11:39 PM »
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/64224643.html

Real Contestants needed with Real Problems for New Game Show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: dropboxer@gmail.com
Date: 2005-03-17, 11:45AM PST

Are you FURIOUS over something that has been done to you? Has someone wronged YOU? Have you done someone else WRONG? WE WANT TO KNOW! We want to put you on TV with that person to deal with it - and give you the opportunity to win thousands of dollars doing it. Just what are you willing to do to that person? WE WANT TO KNOW. Tell us your story!

3 Pilot shows will be shot the first week of June in the Los Angeles Area. 6 sets of contestants with REAL PROBLEMS are needed.

To be considered, Please Provide the Following Information:

Name.
Approximate Ages.
What you do for a living. What they do for a living
Legitimate problem with other person: (Please provide all details possible)
When did problem Start?
Who is involved?
What have you done to resolve the issue?
What they have done to you in response / what you have done to them in response?
What would you like to see happen?
Do you think all the parties involved be willing to go on Television to work-it-out?
Whose fault it is?

Please direct all responses to the email address below. Please, no phone calls. If you would like to submit a picture of yourself, it would be beneficial, but not required.

Michael K
My Wave Productions
Los Angeles, Ca

Job location is Los Angeles Area
Compensation: TBA
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.
ok to transmit this posting into outer space

sshuffield70

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 08:16:56 PM »
Believe it or not, this was one of the premises behind "Grudge Match" (1990-91) with Steve Albert and Jesse Ventura calling the action....(yes, for newbies, it was a sports type show.....but it was kinda like what was described above.)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 08:22:51 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:16 PM\']Believe it or not, this was one of the premises behind "Grudge Match" (1990-91) with Steve Albert and Jesse Ventura calling the action....(yes, for newbies, it was a sports type show.....but it was kinda like what was described above.)[/quote]
When I first read the ad, the first thing that popped into my head was The Grudge Match.  I wouldn't mind seeing that return in some form.

For those who haven't seen The Grudge Match, two people fought in a wrestling ring for three rounds with different objects, like oversized boxing gloves, whipped cream pies, those giant Q-Tips from American Gladiators, etc.  It was all in fun, as the competitors shook hands and let bygones be bygones at the end of each match.

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 08:44:12 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:22 PM\']

For those who haven't seen The Grudge Match, two people fought in a wrestling ring for three rounds with different objects, like oversized boxing gloves, whipped cream pies, those giant Q-Tips from American Gladiators, etc.  It was all in fun, as the competitors shook hands and let bygones be bygones at the end of each match.
[snapback]78519[/snapback]
[/quote]

Didn't a certain future Minnesota politician have a role on this short-lived show?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 08:54:42 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 09:44 PM\']Didn't a certain future Minnesota politician have a role on this short-lived show?[/quote]
You mean the one sshuffield70 mentioned two posts above yours?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SamJ93

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 08:55:39 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:44 PM\']Didn't a certain future Minnesota politician have a role on this short-lived show?
[snapback]78522[/snapback]
[/quote]

Umm...yes, as Mr. Shuffield's post states above.

PJTP much?

EDIT: Second time in as many weeks that I've been beaten to the punch by Matt O.  Can't be a coincidence. :-)

--Sam
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 08:56:31 PM by SamJ93 »
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 08:57:59 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 09:55 PM\']EDIT: Second time in as many weeks that I've been beaten to the punch by Matt O.  Can't be a coincidence. :-)[/quote]
Who says I'm stalking you?  You can't prove I'm stalking you.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 08:58:47 PM »
One other show that, for some odd reason, comes to mind after reading that..........

I believe there was a court show called "Moral Court" or something like that.

Blah........the only court shows I watch are People's Court (watch it more than any of the others), Judge Judy, and Judge Joe Brown.

I smell crap with the pilots. X_X
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 09:24:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:55 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:44 PM\']Didn't a certain future Minnesota politician have a role on this short-lived show?
[/quote]

PJTP much?

[snapback]78525[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah I P much, but I usually don't skip over complete threads when respondings. That's the misplay of the day for Invision.

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 09:27:15 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 09:24 PM\']Yeah I P much
[snapback]78533[/snapback]
[/quote]
Zach, even those of us who generally aren't bothered by your irrelevant narcissism really don't need to know about your personal habits.

Fedya

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 09:53:45 PM »
Ah, but there was already a People's Court home game.

(My parents actually bought this back in the 1980s.  They're big fans of all those ghastly faux-court shows.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 11:55:43 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 09:24 PM\'][quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:55 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 08:44 PM\']Didn't a certain future Minnesota politician have a role on this short-lived show?
[/quote]

PJTP much?

[snapback]78525[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah I P much, but I usually don't skip over complete threads when respondings. That's the misplay of the day for Invision.
[snapback]78533[/snapback]
[/quote]

Umm...Zach, I didn't skip over someone's comments, so that's a misplay for YOU. Take credit for your own mistake.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

johnnya2k3

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 02:59:35 PM »
What about "Guilty or Innocent?", the courtroom show/game show hybrid from 1984?

But if there's a "Grudge Match" revival, Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a sensational host!

Jonathan Allen

dzinkin

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 03:02:56 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 18 2005, 02:59 PM\']But if there's a "Grudge Match" revival, Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a sensational host!
[snapback]78592[/snapback]
[/quote]
But nowhere near as good as Pat O'Brien would be.  He's the best.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 03:07:35 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 18 2005, 12:02 PM\'][quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 18 2005, 02:59 PM\']But if there's a "Grudge Match" revival, Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a sensational host!
[snapback]78592[/snapback]
[/quote]
But nowhere near as good as Pat O'Brien would be.  He's the best.
[snapback]78593[/snapback]
[/quote]
Um, note the title: "GRUDGE Match"! And SMG starred in "The Grudge"!

Jonathan Allen