Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tri-State Area (WV-OH-KY) fans rejoice!  (Read 2433 times)

Adam Nedeff

Tri-State Area (WV-OH-KY) fans rejoice!
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:42:22 PM »
In 1998, "High-Q" on WOWK 13 ended after 19 years despite healthy ratings. (Thanks for nothing, Ashland Oil and Channel 13). After 7 years, it's coming back!

Tentatively scheduled to begin taping in October, "The New High-Q" will relaunch on the Marshall University cable network (Channel 25 in Huntington, not sure about elsewhere in the tri-state though). Instead of the College Bowl rules the original series used, the new version will involve four rounds of varying point values and rules. We've used this format for a mess of quiz team tournaments in the area and we've received nothing but positive feedback from players, coaches, and audiences who have said they prefer the new format. And if there are any official members of the forum or lurkers reading this in the Tri-State Area, I have every reason to believe you'll like it too.

For those outside the Tri-State Area, I still think the post has merit for demonstrating that even though this is a rough time for game show fans, local TV and local game shows still have a few breaths of life left, and that has to be good news.

Congratulations, Ernie G! I'll see you in the fall!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 11:56:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Mar 18 2005, 10:42 PM\']For those outside the Tri-State Area, I still think the post has merit for demonstrating that even though this is a rough time for game show fans, local TV and local game shows still have a few breaths of life left, and that has to be good news.[/quote]
At least one of your moderators is never going to have a problem with posts about local high school quiz bowls.  Especially positive news.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 11:59:04 AM »
Most excellent news! As a university College Bowl moderator and someone who remembers a good chunk of the original run of this show (including a few years when Ernie G. Anderson had a perm) I'm looking forward to its return.