Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quiz Kids 1970's - Possibly taped in Boston  (Read 2122 times)

dizzy

Quiz Kids 1970's - Possibly taped in Boston
« on: March 19, 2005, 12:02:41 AM »
Anyone else remember this show? I remember it being on Channel 7 Boston once a week on Sunday Afternoons during the mid to late 70's. I was just a kid, but I am pretty sure it was taped in Boston, if remember the closing plugs correctly. The show was of National Quality. Nice looking Set. Very professional format and appearance. Does anyone know any other details concerning this Game Show. Was it indeed a National Show or was it just local to the Boston area?

Dizzy

Matt Ottinger

Quiz Kids 1970's - Possibly taped in Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 11:53:17 AM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'Mar 19 2005, 01:02 AM\']Anyone else remember this show? I remember it being on Channel 7 Boston once a week on Sunday Afternoons during the mid to late 70's. I was just a kid, but I am pretty sure it was taped in Boston, if remember the closing plugs correctly. The show was of National Quality. Nice looking Set. Very professional format and appearance. Does anyone know any other details concerning this Game Show. Was it indeed a National Show or was it just local to the Boston area?[/quote]
I never saw it, but according to the Encyclopedia, you're exactly right.  There was a 1978 version that taped in Boston (at WNAC, which at the time was channel 7) and was syndicated between April and September of that year.  I doubt it was carried in too many markets outside Boston.  The credits back up your memory that it was a national-quality affair.  Music by Score Productions, Dick Schneider was one of the directors, and Jim McKrell hosted.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.