Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One to ponder  (Read 2256 times)

CherryPizza

One to ponder
« on: June 26, 2006, 07:28:09 PM »
You're on the final episode of a game show that uses carry-over champions...

You win...

Is it a) Really cool that you have the status of the show's final winner, or

b) Really sucky that you don't get to return and keep winning?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
One to ponder
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »
B. I can only remember one "final" contestant in the history of game shows, and I'm fairly sure he'd want another crack at the Triple Crown.
Travis L. Eberle

Robert Hutchinson

One to ponder
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:05 PM »
c) Your sincere hope that they invite you back to be the "champ" on the first episode of a new show.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

sshuffield70

One to ponder
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:05:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'122581\' date=\'Jun 26 2006, 07:16 PM\']
c) Your sincere hope that they invite you back to be the "champ" on the first episode of a new show.
[/quote]

Which, as noted here, has happened a couple of times.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
One to ponder
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:33:48 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'122580\' date=\'Jun 26 2006, 06:42 PM\']
B. I can only remember one "final" contestant in the history of game shows, and I'm fairly sure he'd want another crack at the Triple Crown.
[/quote]
Scrabble's champ (George I believe)...but he did carry over.
Last players on Double Dare, Tic Tac Dough, etc. would never get to return either.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

J.R.

One to ponder
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 12:13:31 AM »
I'd go with option A and if the show never came back, I could brag to everyone I know that I am the undefeated champion of that show! :-)

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

tvrandywest

One to ponder
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 12:53:23 AM »
Is it
a) Really cool that you have the status of the show's final winner, or
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'122580\' date=\'Jun 26 2006, 04:42 PM\']B. I can only remember one "final" contestant in the history of game shows, and I'm fairly sure he'd want another crack at the Triple Crown.
[/quote]
There were other folk. But yes, I wanted another shot at that dastardly Triple Crown! Still, it all came to a happy ending as the NBC attorneys gave me a letter explaining the special status they bestowed upon me. As I couldn't defend the title, the entire Hit Man appearance did not count against me regarding my number of contestant appearances and their timing.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 12:54:33 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Craig Karlberg

One to ponder
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 03:33:14 AM »
If the show never comes back, A is as good as any option simply because I would be considered  part of a future trivia question around the community.  However, if it did come back & didn't invite me to come back, B would be more preferable because I would like to keep going.  As for option "C", it would be such a hoot, but as is stated, only such things happen rarely.

Considering all options, my choice is A.  I may never come back, but it was the experience that's worth remembering about.

Ian Wallis

One to ponder
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »
Is it a) Really cool that you have the status of the show's final winner, or

Depends on how much I won!  If I won a big jackpot I wouldn't mind as much that I wouldn't get another shot.  If I blew the bonus game and only left with a couple thousand, then it would bug me that I wouldn't get a chance to win more.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PYLW

One to ponder
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »
B, only because with my luck I'd do so terrible and want to try again.

TimK2003

One to ponder
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 07:09:37 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'122610\' date=\'Jun 26 2006, 11:53 PM\']
There were other folk. But yes, I wanted another shot at that dastardly Triple Crown! Still, it all came to a happy ending as the NBC attorneys gave me a letter explaining the special status they bestowed upon me. As I couldn't defend the title, the entire Hit Man appearance did not count against me regarding my number of contestant appearances and their timing.
[/quote]

I wouldve been asking the producers if, while they were striking down the set one last time, I could go rent a  U-Haul. back it up to the studio doors and stuff it to the gills with pieces from the set!

Back then, it would've been cool (eggcrates, chaser lights, podiums, etc...), sadly nowadays, all you'd get are strobe lights and a bunch of metal rods -- at best a "make-your-own concert lighting system" set-up.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 07:10:49 AM by TimK2003 »