Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's Young Peoples' Week  (Read 8180 times)

Don Howard

It's Young Peoples' Week
« on: March 20, 2005, 10:33:55 AM »
When I heard those words from the mouth of Charlie O'Donnell at the start of the 9:30am ET Card Sharks this morning, off went my set. Did you join me?

Kevin Prather

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 12:56:55 PM »
I, for one, would be looking forward to watching that if I had GSN. Maybe that's just because I'm one of the younger members here, but I don't see what's so bad about it.

BrandonFG

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 01:04:26 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 12:56 PM\']I, for one, would be looking forward to watching that if I had GSN. Maybe that's just because I'm one of the younger members here, but I don't see what's so bad about it.
[snapback]78797[/snapback]
[/quote]

I found it kinda annoying to see a bunch of 12-year-olds try to give a BS speculation on why they think x number of people thought one way or another about a survey. It was bad enough hearing the adults BS speculation. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvwxman

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 01:28:09 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 01:04 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 12:56 PM\']I, for one, would be looking forward to watching that if I had GSN. Maybe that's just because I'm one of the younger members here, but I don't see what's so bad about it.
[snapback]78797[/snapback]
[/quote]

I found it kinda annoying to see a bunch of 12-year-olds try to give a BS speculation on why they think x number of people thought one way or another about a survey. It was bad enough hearing the adults BS speculation. :-P
[snapback]78799[/snapback]
[/quote]

Bingo.

The wrong game for kids. But it didn't stop me from writing a letter to Card Sharks to be a contestant in 1979 at the age of 6!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tyshaun1

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 01:43:52 PM »
Well, if I'm not mistaken, Mimi O'Brien was the producer on Child's Play as well, and her M.O. seemed to be "let's take format elemets from other failed shows I worked on and apply to this one!" Hence, the Mindreaders-based 10 people in the audience and 2nd Car game, as well as a misplaced Young People's Week.

Tyshaun

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 02:34:17 PM »
My biggest problem with the week was how much they did it. It wasn't a bad treat the first time I caught it because they brought a fun humor to the show. Then they did it more...and fairly often too - and it seems more of the kids are hammy and not genuine like many of the earlier ones were.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

sshuffield70

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 10:57:55 AM »
Probably the only thing good about "Kids Week":  The one where a future actress makes her TV debut.  Other than that.........<snore>

Pyramid80

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 12:01:59 PM »
Actually I don't mind Young People's Week at all.  Did they ever have celebrities playing for charity on the 80's version?

zachhoran

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 12:06:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 12:01 PM\']Actually I don't mind Young People's Week at all.  Did they ever have celebrities playing for charity on the 80's version?
[snapback]78888[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope, only the two tourneys on NBC CS in 1980 had celebs playing for charity. Hint Hint for GSN Saturday Night Classic programmers to show five shows of the GS hosts tournament; eight shows of it was shown in June 2001 on a GS Saturday Night.

Ian Wallis

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 04:49:33 PM »
"Young People's Week" just never did it for me...on any show.  I remember being home from school during Christmas holidays in the mid-70s, and it was common for at least one of the shows to do a "Young People's Week" - and it always disappointed me that I didn't get to see regular play!

Having said that - if I could have been a contestant on one of those shows, then it might have been a different story!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 04:50:35 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

aaron sica

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 05:16:40 PM »
When I, too ,was a "young person", I enjoyed it anytime one of the game shows for adults would put kids on. I really enjoyed watching TTD when they did that, and one of the few times that I got to see "Joker! Joker!! Joker!!!" when I was a child, I enjoyed it as well. HS86 also put kids on for a week, maybe more than once? I enjoyed it then.

Now that I'm an adult, I don't find the times when they put kids on shows very bearable (and I don't mean teen week on Wheel..Those kids are usually a little older). I found J!JJ!J!!! very unwatchable (and not just because GSN ran the show to death). As Don said, I, too, am more apt to change the channel.

Jimmy Owen

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 06:30:48 PM »
Was I imagining things or did "Body Language" seem to have a huge number of kid's weeks?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 06:38:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 06:30 PM\']Was I imagining things or did "Body Language" seem to have a huge number of kid's weeks?
[snapback]78945[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe they dedicated a good "chunk" of the summer of '85 to teens playing. ;)

Ian Wallis

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 09:12:50 AM »
HS86 also put kids on for a week, maybe more than once?

The only time I recall was Christmas week in 1987.  They also had a lot of younger stars in the squares that week as well.  I don't think there were any other times when they had a "Young People's Week".
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

It's Young Peoples' Week
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 09:25:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 09:12 AM\']
HS86 also put kids on for a week, maybe more than once?

The only time I recall was Christmas week in 1987.  They also had a lot of younger stars in the squares that week as well.  I don't think there were any other times when they had a "Young People's Week".
[snapback]79030[/snapback]
[/quote]

Xmas 1988 also had a kids week, John Davidson's son John Jr. hosted that week. A young actor named Brad Pitt was one of the Z-list celebs, appearing with his Dallas co-star SHalane McCall I believe.