Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: William Morris Agency  (Read 3667 times)

johnnya2k3

William Morris Agency
« on: March 20, 2005, 03:45:33 PM »
Recently, Dave Wirtschafter's scathing remarks in "The New Yorker" have caused Halle Berry, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Lucy Liu to sever their ties with his William Morris Agency.

I wonder if any game show personalities are or have been represented by WMA and have any intention on bailing out next.

Jonathan Allen

tvwxman

William Morris Agency
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 05:19:01 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 03:45 PM\']Recently, Dave Wirtschafter's scathing remarks in "The New Yorker" have caused Halle Berry, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Lucy Liu to sever their ties with his William Morris Agency.

I wonder if any game show personalities are or have been represented by WMA and have any intention on bailing out next.

Jonathan Allen
[snapback]78810[/snapback]
[/quote]

Secreast is, if that counts.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 05:19:12 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tvrandywest

William Morris Agency
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 12:45 PM\']I wonder if any game show personalities are or have been represented by WMA and have any intention on bailing out next.
[snapback]78810[/snapback]
[/quote]
The better question: Who's NOT at WMA? Just about every game show personality has been with that agency at least one time in their careers. I just spoke with two of their present clients in the past 48 hours. One was prasing his agent at WMA, and neither brought up the matter of any controversial comments.

What was said?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

tyshaun1

William Morris Agency
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 08:59:23 PM »
Long story short, Gellar's agent said that she was  "nothing until she did The Grudge", printed in The New Yorker a few weeks ago. As for Berry, someone made a negative comment for her movie choices (after Catwoman, who could deny 'em?), and she is now agentless. Although I wouldn't mind representing her......anytime......

Tyshaun

BrandonFG

William Morris Agency
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 09:43:36 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 08:59 PM\']Long story short, Gellar's agent said that she was  "nothing until she did The Grudge", printed in The New Yorker a few weeks ago. As for Berry, someone made a negative comment for her movie choices (after Catwoman, who could deny 'em?),[/quote]

I guess that Oscar made her think she was immune from bad movies?

Although I wouldn't mind representing her......anytime......
[snapback]78839[/snapback]

I'll drink to that...oh, hi Claudia! ;-)

ObGameShow: Halle was in the 1986 Miss Universe pageant hosted by Bob Barker.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvrandywest

William Morris Agency
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 10:52:54 PM »
It strikes me as no surprise that if a client has been personally dissed. by name, by their agent or someone at their agency, they'd be out the door. And rightfully so. That's just plain rude and unprofessional.

But as it appears that nobody at the agency has said something that is generally controversial such as President Bush is a dope, Osama Ben Ladin has a cool beard, the people programming the networks are clueless, all performers are narcissistically disordered pains in the asses (even though many believe that at least 2 out of those 4 are true), I would not expect any kind of reaction by clients who were not personally dissed.

To the original question of who is repped by WMA, here are a few well know game show names presently in the stable: Betty White, Regis Philbin, Whoopie Goldberg, John O'Hurley, Carol Burnett, and Bill Cosby.
___

And in keeping with the new practice of including Pat O'Brien's name in every post, how about this news. Pat O'Brien has entered an alcohol rehabilitation program. O'Brien said in a written statement to the AP on Sunday, "I have had a problem with alcohol. I have decided to take action by checking myself into an intensive recovery program,"

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 10:59:29 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

johnnya2k3

William Morris Agency
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 11:47:20 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 07:52 PM\']To the original question of who is repped by WMA, here are a few well know game show names presently in the stable: Betty White, Regis Philbin, Whoopie Goldberg, John O'Hurley, Carol Burnett, and Bill Cosby.
___

And in keeping with the new practice of including Pat O'Brien's name in every post, how about this news. Pat O'Brien has entered an alcohol rehabilitation program. O'Brien said in a written statement to the AP on Sunday, "I have had a problem with alcohol. I have decided to take action by checking myself into an intensive recovery program,"
[snapback]78851[/snapback]
[/quote]
I already know about this and I hope he gets better soon.

I guess this bit of news will also make us drop the practice of including Pat's name in every post, 'cause it is getting stale.

Jonathan Allen
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 11:48:23 PM by johnnya2k3 »

BrandonFG

William Morris Agency
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 12:02:31 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 20 2005, 11:47 PM\']I guess this bit of news will also make us drop the practice of including Pat's name in every post, 'cause it is getting stale.
[snapback]78854[/snapback]
[/quote]

All right, I'm sorry but that's enough of this.

Jonathan, the ONLY reason people constantly bring up Pat O'Brien is because YOU are the one who had such an obsession with the man in the first place. How convenient that you decide to have selective amnesia and forget about all your rants about Access Hollywood and how you couldn't stand Pat's fawning over Britney Spears. It went on here and several other places as well. So don't expect any sympathy from the group because they like to rag over your little senseless obsession. Yeah, it is a little old (except when the name is mentioned around Don Howard, THEN it's hilarious), but you only brought it on yourself.

You made your own bed...lie in it.

ObGameShow: The Insider replaced H2 in most markets. For shame.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

johnnya2k3

William Morris Agency
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 03:41:51 AM »
You know, I think I should leave poor Pat alone from now on so he could handle his drinking problem. This IS a very serious matter, after all.

But back on-topic: Now that William Morris have lost a couple of their high-profile clients in Halle Berry and SMG (they'll probably go to better agencies), I don't think the others Randy mentioned will follow suit next.

Jonathan Allen