Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Best of GS Moments" with Ben Stein?  (Read 7291 times)

cmjb13

"Best of GS Moments" with Ben Stein?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 06:11:47 AM »
It says it will tape at TVC.

Wonder which studio?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 07:42:17 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Mar 17 2005, 06:11 AM\']It says it will tape at TVC.

Wonder which studio?
[snapback]78456[/snapback]
[/quote]

My money's on either 36 or 46. That's where all the action on the lot seems to be.

Of course, though, if it is a game show special, it COULD be in 33.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

tvrandywest

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 02:02:58 AM »
Yes, Saturday, studio 36 at TVCity, hosted by Ben Stein. There will be multiple episodes. Hold the date; contact the ticket companies via their websites if you want to attend... I hear the announcer does a funny warm-up! More details to come!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 07:07:32 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

tvrandywest

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 12:35:38 PM »
To the couple of Invisioners I think I recognized in the audience, thanks for coming!

Ben Stein was an awesome host, adding new witticisms with each re-take. I'd not worked with him before; he's really very funny with great ad-lib skills. I was especially amazed by how much the audiences love him. He's like an icon with teens, a few of whom were overjoyed when they eventually got Ben to sign their white shoes!

Watch for five 1-hour specials on VH-1 in a couple of months. New clips, classic clips, live game play, special guest participants, and some great tongue-in-cheek humor about all things game show - especially the prizes we all love. And yes... the clips included a bunch of funny moments I'd never seen before, many from TPiR.

But most importantly, THANKS FOR THE WORK, Fremantle! I'd have come anyway, but being the announcer/warm-up got me a much better parking space!!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 05:04:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 12:35 PM\']To the couple of Invisioners I think I recognized in the audience, thanks for coming!

Ben Stein was an awesome host, adding new witticisms with each re-take. I'd not worked with him before; he's really very funny with great ad-lib skills. I was especially amazed by how much the audiences love him. He's like an icon with teens, a few of whom were overjoyed when they eventually got Ben to sign their white shoes!

Watch for five 1-hour specials on VH-1 in a couple of months. New clips, classic clips, live game play, special guest participants, and some great tongue-in-cheek humor about all things game show - especially the prizes we all love. And yes... the clips included a bunch of funny moments I'd never seen before, many from TPiR.

But most importantly, THANKS FOR THE WORK, Fremantle! I'd have come anyway, but being the announcer/warm-up got me a much better parking space!!   ;-)

[snapback]79581[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can we assume that all of the clips are from Fremantle properties--or did they reach out to other packagers?